accessing cPanel problem (Need Admin help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasneo

Reaction score
It appears (after I have read some forum posts) that I made a mistake and used the wrong type of client to access the FTP (I used WinSCP) and now I'm blocked and can't access lotus.x10hosting.com. I have now switched to the correct client (FileZilla) could you please unblock my IP address. Thanks

Last edited:

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, IP address has been PM'd to you, apologies for my stupidity. I'm new to this stuff.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I have unblocked the IP. You should be able to access the server now.
Reason it was blocked was "5 SSH login failures".

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks, I just hope I get it right this time, I downloaded the configuration registery file for FileZilla but it seems Windows 7 doesn't like it, and there is no site configuration in my FileZilla.

I'm adding it manually, but i'm not to sure about how everything should be set.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Try the following:

Host: {YourSiteURL}
User: {cPanelUsername}
Pass: {cPanelPassword}
Port: 21

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks, I have it working like this, but I wanted to use the secure method.

This is where I was confused, in the settings it lists SFTP which I looked for in FileZilla, but SFTP is SSH FTP, where as Secure FTP (this is the intended instruction?) is FTPS.

Even with FTPS and 776 as port I can not connect.

normal FTP is now working though, which is a start, thanks.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
You can try "FTPS" and "FTPES" but I'm not sure if they will work, they may not be configured server side.
Do not use "SFTP", as that will get you blocked.

aliasneo

Reaction score
By server side do you mean not configured from you guys, or from something I can change in the cpanel?

If i try to access Secure FTP as per instructions given to me in the FTP Client Configuration in cPanel, i cannot connect.

aliasneo

Reaction score
I see, is the site newly set up? Is there some other reason it's not configured yet?

Thanks for getting that working for me though, I'm finally on my way to getting my page up.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I think "FTPS" is just something we don't support, and we haven't seen enough user demand for this to warrant setting it up. Normal FTP is all most users require.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just confused since it gave me instructions to do it, I assumed it was the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.