Accessing from a different country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragocra

Reaction score
I signed up for my website in the US, but I am currently vacationing in the Bahamas. I cannot access my account from here, because it recognizes that I am in a different country. How can I access my account?

longbich

Reaction score
That's a good question dragocra. I have been in countries where no access is possible. It's annoying especially if there really is internet available. If you are without internet at all then you just have to suck it up and put up with it until you are back home.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Really, the country block should apply only to the register and not login, as that would just cause way too many problems like what you're having.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
the country block should apply only to the register and not login...
IMO - to let someone log-into a account using a IP that has a country code not on x10hosting's whitelist - would make the whitelist moot

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
IMO - to let someone log-into a account using a IP that has a country code not on x10hosting's whitelist - would make the whitelist moot

So, for all those accounts in good standing that were started by forum members in India, Russia, Sweden, Brazil, etc prior to the inception of the whitelist, exactly how do they manage their accounts?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
that were started by forum members
I do not understand what "forum members" has to do with this issue
###

for all those accounts in good standing
IF the IP country code is the same as the country code used to open the account that currently - is in "good standing" - it should pass

somewhat like the the way the TOS is applied...
If after you opened a free-hosting account at x10hosting the rules for new accounts were changed - IF you had a account that did not meet the 'new' rules - after the change - you could keep that account as long as it was keep in good standing of the current Terms of Service (TOS)
[/quote

caftpx10

Reaction score
I guess so. But is logging in from a non-whitelisted country really as worse as registering from a non-whitelisted?

Last edited:

dragocra

Reaction score
So I won't be able to log in to my account until I go back to the US? For reference, here is the message I get when attempting to log in:
X10Message.png
Also, I've noticed that there is no "help messenger" in the bottom-right of my screen, and I've found nowhere to contact X10 other than the forums, so getting in touch like the message requests is not possible as far as I can see.

Last edited:

dragocra

Reaction score
I've noticed that at this thread "https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/new-countries.196345/" that it says "signup" and not "signin". Haha.
Yeah, that should prove your point that the whitelist should only apply to signing up, not signing in (although that seems to not be the case). Also, I noticed that while I cannot sign in to my web hosting account, X10 has obviously allowed me to sign in to my forum account (the one I'm currently using) here in the Bahamas. Are forum accounts not regulated by the whitelist?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I guess so. But is logging in from a non-whitelisted country really as worse as registering from a non-whitelisted?
"logging in" to an account that currently is in "good standing" - with the IP country code the same as the country code used to open the account - but that country is no longer on the whitelist - is not the same as "registering" (open a new account) with a IP country code not on the current whitelist

taxcalx1

Reaction score
Hi guys, did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same issue, my account was created in Spain and I'm now in Brazil. I really don't want to struggle with proxy's and other types of IP manipulation, this login restriction is absolutely meaningless... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.