Accouns Suspension for High Ressource Usage @ Softaculous Wordpress- Backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminatorafcik17

Reaction score
Hey there!
This should not be a push thread to accelerate my unsuspension!
Today i tried to make a backup of my wordpress installation because of updataing from 3.2 RC1 to 3.2RC2 and a few plugin updates. So I made a backup via softaculous to prevent the loosing of all my data if anything goes wrong.

Then i tried to login via Filezilla/Ftp to check the backup - BUT my account was suspended:

So my questions are:
Is there a Disk-Space-Limit for backups ( I make some backups a moth and would like to store them for 3 months) ?-I know, that's not less but secure is secure -
much
Is it a Server-Side Problem?
In softaculous there are noo options to control how many tasks are executed parallely - so i think i am unable to prevent the Ressource Usage!

Thanks for Reading and i don't hope that other people got the same problem ;)

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

We do have a High Resource Usage policy, which regulates things like server CPU and RAM. Disk space is unmetered and plays no part in this particular issue. Please see: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/HRU
You can unsuspend yourself from the account panel.

Thanks.

terminatorafcik17

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick answer.

Ok, already done.
The Site that is visible to the users are ONLY static html Files, 0 % php or something other.

can You answer this question: Was the Suspension for High ressource usage of
-Wordpress?
or
-Softaculous-Backup?

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
More likely wordpress. I'd suggest disabling any unnecessary plugins and seeing if that helps. :)

terminatorafcik17

Reaction score
Yet another Stupid question ;)

Dumb Questions - i know ;)

What's the avergae unsuspension time?

Can i Cache the Wordpress Database to disk because of the slow database server connection?

( If a i disable ALL plugins it takes about 4 second to load the page without a first visit -
on my windows pc it takes 0 Sec :) - seriously - if my friend goes via my_ip:80 on the Site hosted on my pc it loads under 0.5 seconds with ALL PLUGINS - the php.ini in the windows directory says @ my pc 32mb , php 64mb.
So you see, the ressorces are not the problem - It must be the DB

ps: on my core i7 920 the server processes need only 1% of 1 of the 6 (12) cpus and i can perform anz action / a backup, a Sitemap ...

Got the DB server a faster connection if i buy premium or somethin else?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, I recommend the WP-SuperCache plugin personally for caching, as from my experience it actually helps REDUCE server load. Askimet spam filtering is also fine to leave enabled if anyone can leave blog comments.

The resource that you're likely going over isn't RAM, it's CPU. Wordpress is a notorius CPU hog when lots of plugins are enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.