Account compromised, phishing site located with e107 - Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.hugger

Reaction score
Hi, my site (treehugger.elementfx.com) has today been suspended with the following reason:

account compromised, phishing site located with e107.
Unfortunately this suspension is not able to be resolved automatically. To resolve this suspension please open a support ticket.

My site was just a normal site about my programming and games, not a phishing site. Please could you investigate and if my site has been hacked or something, advise what I can do to remedy the situation as I currently have no access.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Regards
Ian
Hosting Account: thugger
Forum Account: t.hugger

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This matter has been investigated at least once which is why your account was suspended. You also need to be aware that all users are fully responsible for the content and security of their own accounts and websites. At this time your account has been found to be in violation of a zero tolerance breach of x10Hosting terms of service which means your account will remain suspended and terminated after 14 days. You have the right to appeal this to staff who will investigate farther if you wish but these matters are almost never found to be in error and reversed.
Do you wish to have this matter escalated for review by staff?

t.hugger

Reaction score
Hi Carl,
thank you for your response.
Yes, I would like to have this matter escalated for review by staff.
I definitely have not created a phishing site. The suspension message said 'account compromised, phishing site located with e107'. This is a bit vague and I would be grateful if a further explanation of exactly what is supposed to be wrong with the site could be supplied as well.
I have had the site for just over 2 years and the basic detail of the site hasn't really changed much. If it was a phishing site I would have thought it would have been picked up long ago.
Also, as the message said 'phishing site located with e107', please note that the CMS I'm using for my site is the e107 system. Does the message mean it thinks I've made a phishing site of the main e107 site?

I've just paused writing this to have a look at the e107 site (e107.org) which is reporting that a number of e107 sites have been under attack recently (news on main page). If it turns out that this instance is related to that, I would be grateful if I could be given access to my site so that I can upgrade to the latest e107 version and fix any issues.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Regards
Ian

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am escalating this thread to a support ticket where a staff member can sort this out.
To view the support ticket, click on the yellow bar at the top of this thread.
*****Escalating Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.