Account Creation E-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
After I submitted an application for free hosting, I realized that new accounts weren't being created, pending the move to your new servers. So, I was surprised when about 15 minutes ago, I received an Account Created e-mail, containg all my account information.

When I try to access my account, I get an error saying that no such website exists. Is there some issue with the server or did I receive this e-mail in error?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it's working for me. Just give it a bit.

-Corey

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Yeah, everything is working fine now. Thanks again Corey.

Would you by chance know where I could find some information on directing a domain we've bought to our hosting here? Is that possible?

typeRA

Reaction score
not sure if this will help your domain query, but this thread may assist http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=21419

also in the activation email this is mentioned:

If you have existing domain you will need to change your nameserver to point to our server. You can add your existing domain to your account in cPanel. This change can take up to 48 hours to take effect. Our nameservers are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Oh, I missed that portion. Thanks typeRA. Now... one final question. I'm trying to install vBulletin - I'm getting a Permission Error when I try to connect to the mySQL Database. I've got the right Username and Password and DB Name, but it's still not connecting -- is there anything additional I need to do in this hosting?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Did you make sure its clansr_database name and clansr_username

2. Did you grant privleges from the user to the database???

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Yep, I've prefixed both the Database Name and Username. I've also assigned the User to the Database with Full Permissions.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working, it was a stupid mistake on my part, lol.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
acidburn0520 said:
Yep, I've prefixed both the Database Name and Username. I've also assigned the User to the Database with Full Permissions.

Code:
Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'clansr_*****'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home/clansr/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 273

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

1. Reasign the permitions

2. What did you put in for the mysql server.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
acidburn0520 said:

Code:
Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'clansr_*****'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home/clansr/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 273

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

1. Reasign the permissions

2. What did you put in for the mysql server.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Did something happen to the FTP? I noticed that it stopped working around the time this forum had an SQL error.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
acidburn0520 said:
Did something happen to the FTP? I noticed that it stopped working around the time this forum had an SQL error.

This is on a different server than your site. Im not sure what happened to FTP.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
I get this error when I try to connect:
Code:
The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
1) Verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.

Using this IP: 66.232.109.231

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
acidburn0520 said:
I get this error when I try to connect:
Code:
The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
1) Verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.
2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.
Using this IP: 66.232.109.231

Bryon restarted it, try now.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Is something going on with the DNS? Our subdomain is having fits and not working at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.