Account Details Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9svn6

Reaction score
Hi I am planning on handing my site over to a friend for him to maintain and I was wondering if it is possible to have the Account Username and the Forum Username changed?

Thank you

9svn6

Reaction score
Thanks Christopher :) yeah I just want to change them to Knightreign to match the domain name heh.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
We do change hosting usernames per request, but we don't change forum usernames.
Your friend can register an account in the forum if he wants, and by your request we can change the hosting username for your hosting account, unlink it from your hosting account and link it to his.

9svn6

Reaction score
Oh ok thats perfect thanks I'll have him make a forum account right now.

---------------------------------

Ok the forum account username is Knightreign and is setup and I would like the account username to be the same thing Knightreign.

Thank you for all your help :)

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
So, you wish to transfer the hosting account nine76 to knightreign and rename it to the same username?

9svn6

Reaction score
Yeah basically but just to get rid of confusion.

Account Username: Nine76 > Knightreign
Forum Username: 9svn6 > Knightreign

:)

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
We do NOT change forum user names as I've already said.
So you would like for your hosting account: Nine76 changed to XXXXXX, and link XXXXXX to the forum username Nine76 > Knightreign ?
The max characters for the cPanel username is of 8 characters, so you'll have to chose another username.

9svn6

Reaction score
Nine76 changed to Kreign
Link to Knightreign

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh,

I need to clear this up...

We do not change hosting user names under any circumstance. There are things in the backend that are linked to it.

We normally do not change forum user names unless it is a good reason. So, with that said. We can transfer your current hosting account(nine76) to a different forum account, OR we can rename this forum account.

-Corey

9svn6

Reaction score
Ok never mind then, is there a way to change my domain from Knightreign.x10hosting.com to something else? Then I can have him make his own account and give him all the site files.

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Yes, you can be able to do that. All you need to do to change your domain name is login to the account management panel www.x10hosting.com/account and change the domain name from there.

9svn6

Reaction score
It's not working I keep getting this error:

Code:
An Error Has Occurred
[LEFT]Whoops, it appears that there was an error modifying your domain. The errors are listed below.[/LEFT]
[LIST]
[*]Whm error: account server id does not match the package's server id. in theory, this should never happen. :-( (code modifydomain_2)[/LIST]
[LEFT]You may attempt to correct any errors that occurred after continuing.[/LEFT]

9svn6

Reaction score
It took about 30 minutes for it to load and then I got this error:

Code:
[B]Warning[/B]:  mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [B]/home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/accountPanel.class.php[/B] on line [B]339[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]:  mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in [B]/home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/accountPanel.class.php[/B] on line [B]667[/B]
Edit:
ok nevermind it worked the third time heh.
Edit:
It says the new domain now but when I go to load it, it sends me to a domain available page.

Last edited:

9svn6

Reaction score
Yeah I guess it took over night to setup or something thanks for the help everyone :)

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
No problem.
Feel free to re-open this thread if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.