Account down for SEVERAL WEEKS now

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
My site's been down for about 3 weeks or so now, presumably on account of these upgrades. There was a warning here somewhere NOT to post any issues because there appears to be problems with the servers, so I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to wait till it finally comes back up or something else is wrong with my account. Can someone please update me?

username - ubx10hos

Daniel S

Reaction score
Hi,

Your account was terminated for the reason: "Suspended for extended period of time, terminated automatically." All files and data from your account has been deleted and cannot be recovered. If you wish to sign up again please visit this url: http://x10hosting.com/logout before going so.

Thank you, For using x10hosting.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Hi,

Your account was terminated for the reason: "Suspended for extended period of time, terminated automatically." All files and data from your account has been deleted and cannot be recovered. If you wish to sign up again please visit this url: http://x10hosting.com/logout before going so.

Thank you, For using x10hosting.

WHAT?????????????????

What do you mean 'suspended for extended period of time??? My account was FULLY functional UNTIL a few weeks ago when this whole upgrade issue started at which point it went down. The presumed reason was that the servers were being worked on. HOW CAN MY ACCOUNT THEN BE DELETED WITH ALL MY FILES AND DATA??????? This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Just RIDICULOUS!

So you're telling me ALL my work of about THREE YEARS have been deleted and lost???

This is wrong, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!!! Why would you arbitrarily delete someone's account without properly checking? The server's been having problems repeatedly and I've been monitoring all the updates, trying not to be a bother while things were supposedly being fixed.

This is just such a painful thing. It would be the SECOND time my files and information have been deleted like this for no justifiable reason. It's just WRONG! SO WRONG!!!
Edit:
Well, is someone saying something??? Is there any recent backup of my files I can take with me? These draconian measures taken here have definitely gone completely overboard this time. I'm truly tired. Can't keep living a life of fear and oppression simply because one wants 'free hosting'. Sometimes the true price for what's purportedly 'free' is way higher than one would've paid.

Someone please let me know if there's ANY recent backup of MY files. This is simply outrageous!

Last edited:

Daniel S

Reaction score
I apologize for this inconvenience, but your account was suspended, and you did not request unsuspension within 10 days so therefore your account was terminated. All backups are deleted with your account so their is no way of recovering your account.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Question, Daniel is: WHEN EXACTLY WAS MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDED? Because, I was still able to access the account about 2 days before the site completely went down. Normally, isn't there a Suspension notice one gets when the site is suspended, with an automatic link to unsuspend oneself? SO when exactly did my account allegedly get suspended? WHEN?

Like I said in my original post, my account was FULLY functional until this whole brouhaha about server upgrades etc. at which point it went COMPLETELY DOWN. On/about 8/15 I'd expressed concern about the site having been down for several days and just making sure it was solely due to the server upgrade. So yes, please tell me exactly when my account was suspended and for what reason - because it certainly will NOT be due to inactivity!

Corey, can you bear in on this?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Checking into it. Will post back shortly.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
After looking through the logs this is what I found.

The account was suspended on:
07/18/08 at 10:59 pm
-Suspension was for inactivity(Not logging in to the forums once every two weeks)

It was then terminated on:
08/08/08 at 7:48 am
-Termination was automatic because the account was suspended for so long without action.

I believe the only backup would only be of the database and it would be as far back from Dec. or January.

Last edited:

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Thanks Corey. I have to say the log you've posted is inaccurate though. Not sure if you can check the login report on this forum but if you can, you'll be able to ascertain I was indeed logged in to the forum during that period. This is very unfortunate. It should be noted that some of the automation that has been established for these accounts have proven to be anything but perfect or foolproof. Some of the threads we see here are proof of that.

I just feel really sick right now... really, really sick.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I can check the logs tomorrow but so far in the year we have been running them they haven't been wrong. There are threads about accounts missing but all add up when the logs are checked and verified, we have not once had a mistake with an account being accidentally suspended and terminated due to these scripts.

There are multiple levels of checks that go into the inactivity suspensions including login, activity, posts, etc... The only way it could possibly fail is if vBulletin didn't track your login. Again though, this would be the FIRST case of it happening if in deed it did.

Is it possible you visited the forums but didn't login?

Also, the account was suspended for 20 days without any action taken. Again, we have multiple checks with this, every day a script is ran that verifies accounts are actually suspended and are not just marked that way. I don't see any posts from you between the 20 day period the account was suspended asking if something was wrong.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Corey, I didn't post anything between the said '20 day period' because my account was fully functional prior to early this month when it became totally inaccessible. I'm automatically logged into the forum, so whenever I'm here, I'm logged in. If my account was suspended, I'm quite familiar with the procedure now to unsuspend myself (been with x10 for about 4 or 5yrs now if I'm not mistaken).

Ultimately, this is just wrong. The forum logs should show you when I logged in.

Perhaps the whole process of termination of accounts should be reviewed. EVEN IF an account goes into suspension or moves to termination, there should be a period of time where the files are saved (say 30 days) AND an email notification sent to the owner BEFORE they're deleted. Deleting files/data as is done right now without giving ample time/notice for correction is certainly not the best route. Things happen in life... ANYTHING could happen.. a person could fall sick and be unable to log on... While you may feel a need to terminate their account, it won't be asking too much to preserve their files or data for a little while. Backing up here is not always possible since it's almost like half the time, the server's down or something's going on with it. I daresay I haven't had one month in a while that there wasn't one problem or the other with one of the resources. Unquestionably, the generosity of x10hosting is appreciated, but the policing and near-vindictive 'punishment' meted out just makes this experience a lot less-desirable.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to tell you, I looked at logs for earlier in the month when the account was suspended. The only thing in the access logs are some hits that were redirected to the suspension page.

The account was suspended for 20 days, again we have scripts that run once per day to verify suspensions. That means it ran 20 days in a row and not once did it find your account to NOT be suspended. No one disputed the suspension after 20 days and it was removed. There are plenty of users here that make backups, nevermind that the backup is automatically created via cPanel when you go into the backup section.

I don't know if you were away, I'm not sure, either way I've spent a decent amount of time on this and no where do I see any errors made on our part. It is not possible for us to store the data of the hundreds of accounts we remove daily for any period of time. The storage time starts when you're suspended. It ends when the account is terminated.

-Corey

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
No point going back and forth on this, Corey. Something's obviously wrong somewhere, but no biggie. If you can send me the last backup that you have, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.