Account Inactivity/Account Accessibility

freezing

Reaction score
Just wanted to put it out there that I'm a bit annoyed by my account inactivity notice email.

Not because I dispute that I haven't been on the site, but that everytime I've tried to access my cPanel/my site it's been down and the page just never loads.
Hope this issue is a thing of the past, but I've only been able to access my cPanel/site a few times since I started it in Feb.

->It seems like there's always a DDOS notice in effect, so if that's where the blame lies then all the power to you in the battle against them.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The server you are on has had 99.4% uptime for the past 7 days :p. If you're unable to login something may be wrong that should be looked into.

Edit:
Also, the inactivity is for the forum. You must login to the forum once every 31 days to keep your hosting account active. No posting is required.

Last edited:

freezing

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Corey.

1) Ah just the forum makes infinitely more sense.

2) Also, while I cannot comment on the last 7 days, I HAVE been having issues getting to cPanel and seeing my site. (The page load would just go til it timed out).
I've checked it out now and things seem to be just fine. It occurs to me that this isn't usually the computer that I'm on when I want to sign on, also, not the same browser.

Nope, just checked getting on with both firefox and IE. So that's not the issue.
I won't dispute the server i'm on may have had majority up time, it just seems that the sporadic moments in which I do have the time to log in, it's not working for me.
I will certainly let you know if this occurs again. Gives me more reason to come to the forum ;)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It took a little bit of time, but I was able to see your site. This is what I saw:

11:47:27pm - Friday, April 16th, 2010
This is the home page

This page is under construction while I learn how to do everything necessary.
The number is: 0
The number is: 1
The number is: 2
The number is: 3
The number is: 4
The number is: 5

Array ( )

Exactly how are you getting to your cPanel? Are you using the button link located in your hosting details in the account panel? https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php

freezing

Reaction score
Yes, that's all i have up there at the moment. (experimenting with php)
My normal login is to go to x10hosting.com then click the link at the top of the page.
If at all helpful I DO remember getting an error DEADBEEF (I remember it being something bizarre, and i'm pretty sure that's at least close), but like I say, none of this was in the last week, it was earlier. Also, my page just never loading used to be quite a long-running issue too... which, after seeing the simplicity of what's up there, you'll understand was pretty frustrating.

more recent problems have been viewing the Account Panel pages properly, I have to use IE, no choice on that one. A problem that seems to have come right in the past couple weeks was when I clicked 'view details' to get to account management, the layout was all over each other, and I couldn't get to the links.

I just chalked all this up to the server moves and configuring, and the one time that I did try to submit a ticket about it the login to the forum wouldn't accept my username...

Anyway, it's all seemingly working now with some minor glitches.
Right now my header bar down down menus get chopped off and there are unknown characters in the Network news, quick example >> "We’re having".

freezing

Reaction score
I actually can't seem to find the cPanel link at all on this page, i replied too soon.
yes the page is laid out in a visible fashion, yes my site loads, no it's not just minor glitches.
(I have the overwhelming feeling that it's going to me an issue on my end though, but still anyone else missing stuff on the account panel pages?) Will let you know if i figure out what's going on with this.

P.S. i tried to take a screen cap of the page to explain but didnt realize the insert image was link only.

michman

Banned
Reaction score
Also, the inactivity is for the forum. You must login to the forum once every 31 days to keep your hosting account active. No posting is required.
Nice to know... I remember reading that I would have to login every 10 days...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If at all helpful I DO remember getting an error DEADBEEF (I remember it being something bizarre, and i'm pretty sure that's at least close)

That would be it, exactly. It may seem bizarre, but it's a hexadecimal number, and that means that only the letters A to F and the digits 0 to 9 are available to communicate the error. It's usually a status return from a C-language function call (success returns all zeroes), which either means the server itself errored out or your PHP is many orders of magnitude weirder than normal. "DEADBEEF" usually means "aborted, flushed from memory" (as opposed to, say, "DEADDEAD", which means the machine is still in an "unclean" state).

It's too bad you don't have a browser choice -- Google Chrome is much faster loading cPanel (and most other sites/apps) than either IE or Firefox right now, and I get far fewer errors since I made it my default for working here.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It used to be 14, I don't think it's ever been 10 :/

~Callum

Never been 10; the 10 is how many days after suspension you have to fix it before it actually gets erased :)

14 to suspend + 10 to fix is what it was before the change for sure - been here since 2005 and I know that one never changed :)

freezing

Reaction score
That would be it, exactly. It may seem bizarre, but it's a hexadecimal number, and that means that only the letters A to F and the digits 0 to 9 are available to communicate the error. It's usually a status return from a C-language function call (success returns all zeroes), which either means the server itself errored out or your PHP is many orders of magnitude weirder than normal. "DEADBEEF" usually means "aborted, flushed from memory" (as opposed to, say, "DEADDEAD", which means the machine is still in an "unclean" state).

Oh, very interesting to know, I felt like it might be hex, but the way it was actually recognizable words made me think it was just a 'creative' debugging point that someone stuck in. I know I tend to do that when i can't fix the problem, anything to keep my sense of humour alive ;).

Thanks for the informative post btw, I definitely should post on the forums more often. I know next to nothing about creating a good webpage, for now, but i'm getting rather interested in the networking and database side. I feel this might actually be a good place to bash around ideas.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The error code DEADBEEF means the backend (Jackmunch!) is down for maintenance or something went terribly wrong.

For the account panel

Last edited:

michman

Banned
Reaction score
Never been 10; the 10 is how many days after suspension you have to fix it before it actually gets erased :)
14 to suspend + 10 to fix is what it was before the change for sure - been here since 2005 and I know that one never changed :)

oh right, thanks :D Must have read things trough too quickly.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, very interesting to know, I felt like it might be hex, but the way it was actually recognizable words made me think it was just a 'creative' debugging point that someone stuck in. I know I tend to do that when i can't fix the problem, anything to keep my sense of humour alive ;).

it is actually a creative debugging code. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexspeak

freezing

Reaction score
Haha, oh great, first hunches were right.
guess that makes more sense than 70408156(dec)

airdam

Reaction score
i too am a little peed off at the forum login thing. i frequent the chat board whenever i have questions and sometimes will sit for an hour just chatting about crap but being required to login to the forum is for what???? it is so users can see the advertisements so that the people paying to advertise on the home page can have their adds viewed at least once a month by each member? i'd be glad to pay fees to have more up time and not run into issues that frequent my site as well. i had a down period of about 9 days once, and one of about 5 days here last month. could not get on the site regardless of browser or multiple computers and had multiple customers complaining about the site being down. i got on the forum and asked each time the site was inaccessible and i always got the answer "stoli is backing up files" or "stoli is going thru and re-working each site individually and when your site is fixed it will be back up" that particular time i was down the 9 days and it felt like a lifetime. i have thought many times about upgrading my account or trying to find other ways to keep the sites downtime to a bare minimum. i am no computer programmer or software guy i'm actually a machinist and fabricator but scrapped together my own site to show potential customers what my services are, and i'm sure i will have to move servers to something a bit mroe reliable and that does not require me to log into a forum for no reason once a month.

i do appreciate x10s service they have given me, without the service of hosting my site i would have never been able to reach customers like i have, and thats why it felt like my world stopped turning everytime my site was down. but i kinda need something a little less confusing and frustrating.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
required to login to the forum is for what???? it is so users can see the advertisements so that the people paying to advertise on the home page can have their adds viewed at least once a month by each member?
Actually, I think the answer to that is yes. However, another good reason to compel users to login to forums once a month is to encourage users to read important announcements and updates.

i'd be glad to pay fees to have more up time and not run into issues that frequent my site as well.
There is an option available for this. Paid Hosting. The paid hosting servers have fewer users, less load, and better uptime than the free servers. This is no secret. Paid hosting also has better support options and you are not required to login to forums once a month. I have absolutely nothing to gain by "selling" paid hosting. Just stating some facts.

Carl
43 61 72 6c