Account Info Not Updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahoozhafax

Reaction score
Hello I have a question regarding the new userpanel.

When it was implemented yesterday I was excited because I've had a domain that I bought several months ago parked to my account for some time now. In the past I've asked the x10 staff to set my new domain to be the default domain, instead of the x10hosting subdomain.

The first time I asked I was informed that it was completed, but when I logged back into my account it was still set to the subdomain. About a month or two later, I requested the change a second time, explaining that it had never changed the original time. Again, a member of x10 Staff notified me that they were sorry for the previous error and that it was now changed. However, when I logged into my account again, nothing had been changed.

This frustrated me after asking twice and had no change, however I decided to wait because I had recently read about this new user panel that was to be in place through which I could do that myself.

Yesterday afternoon I linked my forum account with my hosting account and proceeded to try and change the domain for myself. After entering the changes, I logged into my cpanel, which was now upgraded, but it still showed my subdomain as my default domain. I figured that it might not have been able to update because my domain was still parked to my subdomain, so I unparked the domain and tried again. My site went down for a few minutes, then finally came up again with my default domian as my actual domain.

After finally being able to change it, I worked on uploading and updating portions of my site for a while, and everything worked fine. However, I sent a link to several of my friends and they said that they could not view my site. Everyone received the standard "This Page Could Not Be Displayed" message. I figured it was probably taking the DNS time to update, which I know can take over 48 hours sometimes, so I didn't think much of it. However, shortly after I was not able to access my site at all either. Eventually it went up again, and up for other people as well, so I figured it had already updated. Today however I go to view it and my site is down once again which I found strange as I thought once it updates the dns it stays updated.

I logged into my forum userpanel and viewed the account overview, and it displays that everything is up and running fine. Also, everytime I click on "Modify Account Info" it displays my old subdomain as the default address and it does not display the e-mail that I entered as my account e-mail. I assumed that it would at least update that within a day even if the dns wasn't fully updated.

So I am just wondering whats up with this? Whether its just the dns taking a while to update or whether I am doing something wrong? And if it is just the dns why isn't my account info updating at least?

Old Subomain: hjproduc.x10hosting.com
Actual Domain: hjproductions.org

Oh and yes, I have had my domain pointed to x10hosting's name servors correctly for several months now.

Thanks in advance.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
For the email in account options, you have to modify your account and give it an email address

jensen

Reaction score
I thought that when one parks the domain through CPanel, when people typed that domain you would be at the same domain as the x10hosting subdomain.

When we addon a domain, then that's for a subfolder in your hosting account. Now I am confused.

Torch

Reaction score
If you wish to use your TLD (top level domain) for default account domain, you MUST NOT first park it. You just have to go to your Account panel here on forum, and set it as default domain.

If you in some case first prak it and than decide to make it as a default, you MUST first remove it completely, wait a bit (~12-24 hours), and than set it as a default domain.

That way there should be no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.