Account keeps getting suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels_scam_patrol

Reaction score
My account keeps getting suspended, it's happened like 4 times today already. The reason is prolonged high resource usage. I've one maybe two people on my forum at a time all day today and all they're doing is posting on the boards, nothing unusual, no more or no less than usual and this keeps happening. Can someone please tell me why???? My members are so frustrated with all the errors and suspensions. What can I do to help resolve these issues? I'm on cossacks

Your hosting account was suspended because:
Prolonged high resource usage. Account will be unsuspended automatically in 45 minutes.
Automatic Unsuspension Set? No
To have your account unsuspended, create a thread on the forums.

http://scammereliminat.x10hosting.com

thanks!

tess

azclan

Reaction score
SO glad this isnt just happening to me, my accounts being auto suspended all the time for the exact same reason!!! Im also only running a forum with a few visits from clan members so i know the excuse i get isnt genuine :mad:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You are using too much CPU, RAM and\or have too many processes running for a prolonged time. May I ask what forum software you using, and do you use ANY plugins\mods with it, as sometimes this may effect your resource usage.

angels_scam_patrol

Reaction score
I'm using YaBB 2.2. No plugins or mods. This suspend thing just started and I have had YaBB for as long as I've had my account. Nothing has changed.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I was just watching your account, and when YaBB.pl runs it seemed to be useing over 50% of the CPU. It looks to be back down to 3-5% per page load as I watch it. I am not sure what could be causing this, but it seems to be the problem, so if it happens again I would look into that.

angels_scam_patrol

Reaction score
Well that stinks, especially since YaBB is one of the programs that can be downloaded and installed right from CPanel so you would think they would be compatable. What do you suggest as a solution if YaBB turns out to be a CPU hog?

Thanks
tess
Edit:
As a side note, it just this minute, happened again!!!!!! I am sooooooo frustrated. If it's not this it's the Gateway Errors or the page display errors. Helllllllllp

Last edited:

angels_scam_patrol

Reaction score
I have logged an issue with YaBB but I truly don't understand why YaBB is one of the products that can be installed via CPanel if it uses too many resources for the server????? I really did my research before I selected both my hosting server and my forum. I'm afraid YaBB is not going to be able to help me either

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You could go in for other options in the cPanel. phBB or SMF. You can find these in the Fantastico.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think cPanel plans around our resource usage scripts. It runs fine on the server, just uses "mad" resources.

angels_scam_patrol

Reaction score
Well not everyone is as computer literate as some appear to be. I'm looking for a solution to my problem... if you can't help... don't bother responding! I have no problems with x10hosting, they have been awesome! Just looking for a solution to my problem.... that 's all.

tess

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Well not everyone is as computer literate as some appear to be. I'm looking for a solution to my problem... if you can't help... don't bother responding! I have no problems with x10hosting, they have been awesome! Just looking for a solution to my problem.... that 's all.

tess

I read through the posts in this thread, and found quite a few suggestions and helpful solutions. We can't fix YaBB - as its not our software. This would have to be taken up with them. We offered a suggestion to use another forum software until such time that YaBB fixes their problem.
There was no need to be rude when the people were doing their best to assist you. If you don't want help next time, then don't request help.

Xemnas

Reaction score
As a sidenote, I recommend against Fantastico installations because chances are the Fantastico version of the software is outdated and a newer version is available. So unless the version in Fantastico is the newest or the software has some sort of upgrade function, it's usually better to manually install the software on the server.

Slothie

Reaction score
Perl scripts that do not use mysql databases tend to consume an insane amount of resources, I remember the days of IkonBoard where a whole server could only handle a few hundred users :(

Status
Not open for further replies.