account linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

matcat9

Reaction score
ESCALATION NECESSARY - Please link my hosting and forum accounts.
Forum account username:matcat9
Hosting account cPanel username:matcat9

when I try to link the accounts I get
EC_MISMATCH, however I can't log on to account control panel - for some reason my forum username + password doesn't work. I have tried changing the email adress of my hosting account (to the same as what my forum account must be set to) but I get an error saying "The email address supplied is already in use."

I have been trying to link these two accounts ever since I got my hosting account a couple of weeks ago, my hosting account has now been suspended.

I have read everything I can find on the subject of linking acounts and nothing has worked.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Try logging into you account panel with the email address you used for your hosting account and your cPanel password. (I see that the account panel login page still asks for email or username.) I hope that logs you in and you'll see no forum account associated with your hosting account. Unsuspend your hosting account. Don't log out, just open a new tab or browser window. Log into your forums account here at the forums and click on settings at the top. Change your forum email to the same one as your hosting account. Then go back to the browser window/tab of the account panel and add your forum account to link to it.

Let me know if this works.

Last edited:

matcat9

Reaction score
well I got to page to change my forum email this time, but (as I originally thought, but after the EC_MISMATCH I decided I must be wrong) it is already the same as my hosting account. I did try to link the acc.s again though, and got EC_MISMATCH again.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Just so I understand, you followed the steps I gave you all the way to changing your forum account email? If so, when you tried to link the accounts did you choose the 'swap accounts' option? If you did that, try changing your forum email to a different one and then change it back. Then try linking the accounts again. If that doesn't work, post back here, and I'll escalate the ticket.

matcat9

Reaction score
did everything, (yes i did choose the 'swap accounts' option) still the same error, but I have had a few thoughts on what is wrong...

This may be a little confusing/hard to read so here is the short of it:
End conclusion: When I change my 'forum' email, I am actually changing my 'hosting' email instead.
My theory: The accounts are partially linked in that the control panel for them is the same, but they dont apear to be linked according to that same panel... and there are still 2 different emails invoved somehow...

And the long of it:
Every time I go to change my email I start at the forums (then go to "settings", "edit Email & password" and then "Click here to update my contact information »" then change my email on the following page).
Here's what I think: for some reason (even when I start at the forums) I end up changing my hosting account email...
Why do I think that?
well once I have submitted the email change on the 'forum tab', if I then switch to the 'hosting acc. tab' and go to "contact details" I end up with a page waiting for a confirmation code to change the email (from and to the same email as the 'forum tab').
Also If i go to 'home' on the 'forum tab' (by clicking the little house icon [of course]) I get to the same 'home' as the 'hosting acc. tab' and can then access info about my hosting account. (Basically the two tabs become exactly the same.)
I know it sounds slightly crazy but, I think I still neet to find another place (which probably doesnt exist) where I can really change my forum email rather than my hosting account email...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to escalate this thread now. To access your escalated ticket, just click the yellow bar at the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.