Account problems after my email changed

elohim

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi. I used to have a different email but the same user id. I was no longer able to login with the user name (now asks for email). My old site was on exofire.net. I created a new account with my new email. I transfered the site over but now its under elementfx.com. Problem is that Google still links people to the old site... I should probably get the original site address re-established and delete the new one? Please email me on my new email.

elohim

Prime Account
Reaction score
Update: I noticed I have two domains on my account, but the old exofire.net domain is shown instead as "exofire.et". Note: my FTP account still has access to the exofire.net public_html...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It would seem that you yourself added the second domain and while doing so made a typo, this was done July 15th.

Your original exofire.net domain still exists on one of our servers, the reason you could not login using that old email address would be a problem with the account transfer onto the new backend back in early September of last year. The hosting account with the domain was safely transferred to DirectAdmin back in December of 2019, the dashboard account not fully so when the backend was changed.

At this time exofire.net is available as a domain option when creating a new service or adding a secondary domain to the account so you would not have been able to add it back even if it had not still been on one of the servers, but we could terminate your current service and re-attach the one that holds that domain.

This is a option seeing as you have been able to link this same forum account to the new account you created thus give us a verification you are the actual owner of that older account as well.

Before proceeding with this option make sure you have any backups you may need from the current hosting account.