Account still Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcscherer82

Reaction score
I was reading another user who was having the same problem. It is now over 48 hours and I know that the time said that 72 hours was the maximum, but when did x10hosting get so bad about this? I remember one of my accounts only took 1 hour to be created and the other was around 30 minutes. Has this become a usual occurrence for x10hosting now? If it has then why?

I have always been very happy with x10hosting but this seems like it is getting a bit ridiculous. Also, if the free hosting is getting bombarded with requests, maybe x10 should enact new rules to their free hosting. I understand that they want business but if people are just getting a website so they can do some malicious or otherwise harmful activity to the rest of us, then maybe certain guidelines should be set in place.

Such rules could be the following:

1. If noticed trends go with a website that could be associated with malicious activity, the account will be shut down.

2. If your website does not attract a certain amount of users in say six months the account will be suspended.

I know at least the second one seems harsh but I think it will help out the rest of the free users so that they have a fully reliable service. Again, I know they may not be realistic but the only reason why I can not get the premium service is that fact that I am a broke college student. Sorry for the long post but it was just some thoughts that have come to mind about x10hosting and how it has been going.

p.s. I have to say that I love the new look of x10 hosting. Is this your own creation or did you have a web designer do it for you? I am just asking because it looks amazing. Nice job! :smile:

p.p.s. Once I start to generate a certain amount of income (which should be in the next couple months) I will be getting a premium account. Just letting you all know.

//Signed//

Justin C. Scherer

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I was reading another user who was having the same problem. It is now over 48 hours and I know that the time said that 72 hours was the maximum, but when did x10hosting get so bad about this? I remember one of my accounts only took 1 hour to be created and the other was around 30 minutes. Has this become a usual occurrence for x10hosting now? If it has then why?

I have always been very happy with x10hosting but this seems like it is getting a bit ridiculous. Also, if the free hosting is getting bombarded with requests, maybe x10 should enact new rules to their free hosting. I understand that they want business but if people are just getting a website so they can do some malicious or otherwise harmful activity to the rest of us, then maybe certain guidelines should be set in place.

Such rules could be the following:

1. If noticed trends go with a website that could be associated with malicious activity, the account will be shut down.

2. If your website does not attract a certain amount of users in say six months the account will be suspended.

This has nothing to do with the creation queue. There is just a large number of signups for a while. Your account will be created when it's turn comes to the front of the queue.

As for the rules:
1. We already outline clear rules in the TOS. Literally thousands of accounts are suspended each month, usually within a few minutes of uploading a proxy or nulled software. And we are constantly checking other suspicious accounts as they come up. We are doing the best we can about this already.

2. Our already established inactivity rule suspends anyone who's inactive on these forums for 31 days. It's not fair, though, to judge an innocent site that 'doesn't attract users' as a waste of space. Not all sites function as forums or use software that allows other people to 'sign up for an account' for something or other. As long as they follow our current TOS, they aren't going to be suspended, and that's not going to change because space isn't the issue with your wait to get an account created.

Status
Not open for further replies.