account supsended due to something about vbulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
i just gotten the vbulletin and everything. i havent even able to upload the files for it. i just remove it then if u wont allow vbulletin installed on ur server.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
vBulletin 4.1.1 - null by URLREMOVED

Don't expect us to assist in this situation; you're using a known nulled copy of vbulletin, which means you've just committed software piracy, and attempted to involve us in it by hosting it with us.

In short, that ain't tolerated. Your account access has been permanently revoked.

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
no i havent even did anything to it. my friend gave me it and i havent even known it was messed with. i never had anything with vbulletin til he gave me it. so how can i fix the issue?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There's nothing that you can do. Your account is permanently suspended.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Get a new friend.

Seriously, vBulletin costs $195 per site. Your friend normally give you $200 gifts?

And there is no "fix". Your Free Hosting Account and all its contents will be deleted sometime after 14 days.

No access. No backups.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Step 1: <Removed due to advocating extreme violence to friends>
Step 2: Run from the cops.

But seriously - you're responsible for what you uploaded to the site. The problem is your friend gave you a nulled version of vbulletin, which is forum software that costs a few hundred dollars. This is not a legal copy of the script, so under the zero tolerance policy you were permanently suspended and cannot be unsuspended for any reason.

I would also advise "thanking" your "friend." Next time he gives you software, start googling it - a simple search for "vbulletin" would've sufficed here because the very first link is their homepage where it tells you it ain't free.

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
well thanks now i know its not legal n not a actual vbulletin. i will go see how i can get a license for one and how much one is. i will be telling my friend he owes me since he is a prick n a fool for lying to me. if i known it wasnt a actual vbulletin i wouldnt of uploaded. i have deleted the files from my pc and everything. thanks for telling me about it tho.

what can i do about it tho? i know i cant get the account but what do i do about everything else with the files?

how can i tell if i got a right file and everything? cause i dont want to come across this again.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you mean by "everything else with the files"? If you mean about a backup, that's not possible.

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
What do you mean by "everything else with the files"? If you mean about a backup, that's not possible.

no like are they being deleted and what i do about the files on my pc like how to make sure they are deleted? i have no knowledge about things like this. i havent even realized that it was a fake not a legit one.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account with self-delete after 14 days or more. It might take longer. As for your own PC, just delete them normally if you want.

Last edited:

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
Your account with self-delete after 14 days or more. It might take longer. As for your own PC, just delete them normally if you want.

ok. well thanks. i have let my friend know that if cops come he is the one to look at and he is the one answering the questions to em.

well am i allowed to upload smf? or joomla or anything that is free?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
SMF and Joomla are both free open source scripts that you can use as long as you get it from a legitimate source (as evidenced by another support thread, dishonest entities still try to release nulled and virus-filled versions of free open source software, so stay away from that). In the cPanel of free hosting accounts are two buttons called Softaculous and Fantastico. Those two scripts can be found there and automatically installed, as well as many other free open source scripts.

leroymcqy1226

Reaction score
SMF and Joomla are both free open source scripts that you can use as long as you get it from a legitimate source (as evidenced by another support thread, dishonest entities still try to release nulled and virus-filled versions of free open source software, so stay away from that). In the cPanel of free hosting accounts are two buttons called Softaculous and Fantastico. Those two scripts can be found there and automatically installed, as well as many other free open source scripts.

oh ok. so can i make another account as long as i use smf or free and actually show that its free or i have a license for it? or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.