Account Suspended (carry on from last topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

affiliate wow

Reaction score
Well since my last one has been closed for some unknown reason (same as my account)..

Made the account mid february, so why:

"January 1 at 12:00 am suspension unknown"

is acceptable, a week later nothing has been sorted out and my topic has been closed, its ridiculous. I wasnt even a member back then so its obviously an error caused by moving as thats when it happened.

Anyone had/having the same?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well since my last one has been closed for some unknown reason (same as my account)..
a week later nothing has been sorted out and my topic has been closed, its ridiculous.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding because the last time you replied to your other thread, you announced how you changed to a different hosting company and that things were fine over there now. That could have been taken as you announcing that you left x10hosting for good.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We're working out some bugs from the migration to new systems, one of them suspension information is all over the place. Should be fixed relatively soon!

bankimoon

Reaction score
how about an across the board unsuspension for everyone until the problems are sorted out?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
how about an across the board unsuspension for everyone until the problems are sorted out?

I'm going for no, if only because I guarantee some of the suspensions are illegal scripts, proxys, adult material, etc. There's one I replied in yesterday that the suspension information -was- there and thats what it said he was suspended for.

It's gunna suck for a bit, but I'd rather avoid having Google blackflag x10 because it picks up on someone's malware because we unsuspended their site, but that's me.

bankimoon

Reaction score
do people with suspended accounts really come back and periodically check if they are unsuspended? or do they just make new accounts with proxy or another webhost?

in my opinion your thoughts are well placed but i feel your concern is unwarranted.

i.e. I would not expect a wave of hackers to infiltrate just because you unsuspend all accounts temporarily... they are not notified of this and i doubt they are waiting around and constantly checking their account in hopes that one day it will be unsuspended.

you have good intentions but the suggestion that the approach I recommended is a security issue in a sense... is exaggerated to say the least.

just my opinion here i am only giving my two cents, I can be patient and wait... just giving a suggestion and it seems your rationale is misplaced.

p.s. unless the files on suspended accounts are stored indefinitely is the only thought i have on this... if not.. what is there to blacklist?

Last edited:

affiliate wow

Reaction score
Maybe there was a misunderstanding because the last time you replied to your other thread, you announced how you changed to a different hosting company and that things were fine over there now. That could have been taken as you announcing that you left x10hosting for good.

000webhost doesnt allow some php scripts because of some phpm safe mode or another, i dont script any php so I dont really know what it means except some php and such wont work on there, always good as a backup or a subdomain or if i need hosting for another site, also means im not suspended anymore, which alone is worth another topic for

bankimoon

Reaction score
looks like they are working on SOMETHING.... i just got a database error when trying to access the control panel;) ;););););););););)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
do people with suspended accounts really come back and periodically check if they are unsuspended? or do they just make new accounts with proxy or another webhost?

in my opinion your thoughts are well placed but i feel your concern is unwarranted.

i.e. I would not expect a wave of hackers to infiltrate just because you unsuspend all accounts temporarily... they are not notified of this and i doubt they are waiting around and constantly checking their account in hopes that one day it will be unsuspended.

you have good intentions but the suggestion that the approach I recommended is a security issue in a sense... is exaggerated to say the least.

just my opinion here i am only giving my two cents, I can be patient and wait... just giving a suggestion and it seems your rationale is misplaced.

p.s. unless the files on suspended accounts are stored indefinitely is the only thought i have on this... if not.. what is there to blacklist?

The files are stored until the account is destroyed, which when it's a nulled script/proxy/phishing is longer than 10 days from what I can tell. In the case of phishing, x10 might be required by law to keep that for 30 days (saw that on another hosting forum).

Otherwise it's not a bad idea, I'm just worried we're gunna get on Google's (or for that matter any internet security suites) blacklist again. If there's a way to make it unsuspend only inactivity/unknown, I'm game.

bankimoon

Reaction score
well depending on the difficulty of the situation the files can be stored and not accessible by the previous account holder but seeing as how this would have to be enacted already and in place BEFORE this situation occurred, unless it is already in place, yes it would be much easier and more feasible to just wait for the problem to be corrected.

if this is not possible then you are more than right.
and if it is going to be awhile before hosting is restored and this idea is not too hard to implement, then i am definitely game. otherwise i can settle for waiting for something free.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
We suspend a lot of people for bad bad things. We can't just unsuspend everyone.

Automatic unsuspensions will be back veryyy soon now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.