Account suspended for "c99 shell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe.beahan285

Reaction score
My account was suspended for no reason. All it said was "c99 shell" in the reason column. What did I do wrong?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you uploaded that into your account, then that is what you did wrong. Shell access is not available at all in free hosting accounts. Any attempt to circumvent that restriction is a serious, zero tolerance violation of x10hosting terms of service.

joe.beahan285

Reaction score
I've read up on the topic of C99 shell, and I can assure you I have not uploaded anything of the sort. The only thing close to that was a small admin panel that I use to edit site content. So, apparently I've uploaded a PHP file that allows me to change anything on the server. I didn't even know PHP could do it, or that something like that existed.

What I'm most concerned about, is that someone may have uploaded the C99 shell onto my website without me knowing. Can someone clear this up for me? I'm worried that I may be under fire for something I didn't do or even know about.

Thanks for your help.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm now going to escalate your thread to a support ticket for an admin to help solve this for you. Afterward, this thread will appear closed, but just click the yellow bar at the top of the page to enter your support ticket. An admin will answer as soon as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.