Account Suspended for Reason "user transfered to another server."

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmpure

Reaction score
Why is it suspended if its a server transfer? And why transferred? I didn't have any problems on the old server...

EDIT:

Also, if I were to cancel my account, and register a new one, which I have thoughts of doing, would that new account be on the old or new server?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It was transferred because Cossacks was having an HDD failure; things were okay at the moment but were going to go downhill quickly, so Corey's moving folks over to try and save the accounts/data.

As far as cancelling/recreating goes I'm not sure, but in all honesty it'll probably be faster to just hang on for Cossacks transfers to finish - even if it wasn't suspended (which I think is just Corey making sure he doesn't re-transfer an account multiple times), Apache is off on the server, so it wouldn't serve webpages anyways. Plus I'm not sure we can get the account cancelled until the transfers are done anyways.

lmpure

Reaction score
I see.
Since they are transferring, do you know what server they plan on using then?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I see.
Since they are transferring, do you know what server they plan on using then?

Sounded like on the status page they were adding a new server (as in completely new, unused, still in the bubblewrap :) ). I'm not 100% sure which server it'll be though, cause I might be wrong on that. If it /is/ the new one, I'm not sure what name they're gunna give it.

Edit: If its the new one it'll be on "Fris" - until the transfer's are 100% done though I'm not sure if that's actually where they're going.

That said, I don't honestly see how it can go on anything -but- Fris; the other servers already have accounts, and moving a bunch off of Cossacks wouldn't work - you'd be doubling load on a single server. It almost -has- to be a new one that no one else is on (cept maybe a few from Lotus, there's something in status about lotus too)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.