Account suspended for the third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Reaction score
Hello.
My account was suspened, once again, for "high resource usage". I was able to unsuspend the account. However, this is becoming unacceptable. I have nothing hosted on this site, other than scripts you have supplied, that were installed with tools you provided. I am using next to no disk space, almost non-existent bandwidth , and probably have less than a couple of dozen visitors to my site per month.

Point blank, "High Resource Usage" is not occurring. Not even close.

The first time these suspensions occurred, you tried sending a log describing where the problem occurred, but all you had was 'evidence' a russian search engine (yandex) - which has nothing to do with me - was using a bot that was sending malformed requests to random web pages. I used htaccess to block access to yandex's bots, and suggested that you implement a server wide block on it, since it will effect every site it comes across. Failing to do that, the problem still exists - whether or not that yandex is the current cause for my suspensions, it is obvious that the rash of "high resource usage" suspensions that you are subjecting hundreds of your users to, is not actually due to your users abusing/over-using system resources at all.

I am having a very difficult time understanding what it is you offer, if we aren't allowed to use what you give us.

Can you please explain to me:
1) What exactly is causing these alerts
2) What requests were sent to the server
3) Where those requests came from
4) And if those requests originated from an external source, what counter measures are you implementing to protect us, your users, from these attacks?

Sorry If I sound snarky, but getting a 2 AM phone call saying the site has been down for a week isnt going to make too many people happy.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Escalating to staff since they'll have to take a look at the logs that I don't have access to. Check for updates on the account panel.

Quick side note: whoever said you were down for a week was wrong; I know that -any- downtime is bad, but the last suspension was applied on the 24th, removed on the 27th; dunno who said it was out for a week but it wasn't that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.