account suspended no copyright infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflamcinema

Reaction score
Hi,

My account was suspended for copyright infringement, even so I don't have any files to have copyright infringement(only asp pages).

All I am doing is viewing others google videos through a google widget, so where is copyright infringement?

I was planning to use x10hosting to test my ideas and later open a paid hosting account, but with this kind of issues I will be looking at a different hosting site.

The definition of copyright infringment doesn't include the viewing of online videos, or else everyone who viewed youtube has commited copyright infringmenet. if there is copyright infringement on an onilne video, it is the problem of the posting agent and the online hosting place for video(youtube, google).

I hope this is resolved asap or I am moving on to different hosting sites, I was just telling my friends how good x10hosting is, but I don't know if I will keeping telling them this way.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The definition of copyright infringment doesn't include the viewing of online videos, or else everyone who viewed youtube has commited copyright infringmenet. if there is copyright infringement on an onilne video, it is the problem of the posting agent and the online hosting place for video(youtube, google).

The copyright infringement actually lies with you since those videos are accessible on your site regardless of where they are hosted.

From the Acceptable Use Policy:
Material Protected by Copyright

You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:

• you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
  • you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.

x10Hosting will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.

Through the google widget, you've published those videos on your site.

Since you've violated x10hosting terms, your account will remain suspended and terminated within 10 days.

Danielx386

Reaction score
^ While that is a good point, I don't know if that the same thing. He only linking, not hosting, so it could be different but don't quote me on it. I'm going to let a staff menber take a look at this.

Daniel

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi,

My account was suspended for copyright infringement, even so I don't have any files to have copyright infringement(only asp pages).

All I am doing is viewing others google videos through a google widget, so where is copyright infringement?

I was planning to use x10hosting to test my ideas and later open a paid hosting account, but with this kind of issues I will be looking at a different hosting site.

I hope this is resolved asap or I am moving on to different hosting sites, I was just telling my friends how good x10hosting is, but I don't know if I will keeping telling them this way.

Keep up with the threats of leaving and you'll quickly lose any support you may have from the community around x10Hosting. If that is how you feel, go ahead and leave. And if I had a quarter for every time I heard "I thought about paying until now!" I could probably pay off the rest of my college tuition for my senior year.

I have unsuspended your account, mostly because I do not like seeing users suspended for things like this, if the content was published for free online.

Have fun bashing x10Hosting to your friends.

Last edited:

aflamcinema

Reaction score
Thanks

I apologize if my post looked like a thread, as it was out of frustration.

I was getting calls of friends, telling me how my site was suspended.

I would appreciate if x10hosting redirects to temporarily unavailable page or something that doesn't reverse traffic if there is any issue with site.

I appreciate the fast response, and will continue to advertise to my friends, because it is the best hosting service I have seen.

Thanks again

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The definition of copyright infringment doesn't include the viewing of online videos, or else everyone who viewed youtube has commited copyright infringmenet
It most certainly can.

if there is copyright infringement on an onilne video, it is the problem of the posting agent and the online hosting place for video(youtube, google).
Hosting material copyrighted by someone else is obviously illegal. Embedding content is considered linking, which is usually not considered direct infringment, but this is still an open issue. It certainly won't keep you out of court. Even if you're not directly infringing a copyright, you might still be found guilty of contributory copyright infringement. Whether or not you know the video is copyrighted material may make a difference, or it may not.

From what I understand of the X10 ToS, it only mentions hosting content. Perhaps a clarification of the policy on embedding and linking to copyrighted material is in order.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and none of this post should be construed as legal advice.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks

I apologize if my post looked like a thread, as it was out of frustration.

I was getting calls of friends, telling me how my site was suspended.

I would appreciate if x10hosting redirects to temporarily unavailable page or something that doesn't reverse traffic if there is any issue with site.

I appreciate the fast response, and will continue to advertise to my friends, because it is the best hosting service I have seen.

Thanks again

Hi aflamcinema,

Now that your problem is solved, I am going to close this support ticket to mark it as resolved and to avoid further argument or off-topic discussion. If you need more help or have any additional questions, create a new support ticket.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.