Account Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

taslemguy78

Reaction score
I don't understand why my account was suspended: I had only 4 pages on my website, and a single table in my database.

It says that I had overused processing and resources, even though I couldn't have. It's possible a loose while-loop was eating memory, but it shouldn't have, and if it was the cause, the servers should be better at identifying threats.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

It appears that I managed to unsuspend my account, but still: Why would it stop me in the first place?

The only visitor that I've had is myself, for testing, and I have very few pages.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

And one other thing:

I have a Bandwidth Usage of 0 and a Disk Space usage of 0.

So, what could I have POSSIBLY done?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
High Resource Usage is nothing to do with bandwidth or disk; it's CPU and RAM, and it is pretty darn good at detecting threats:

Here are the guidelines which result in high system resource suspensions on our free hosting systems.

* 25% CPU
* 5% memory (eg 400 MB)
* 240 seconds of CPU time per hour
* 20 concurrent processes executing

If a user exceeds any of these limits for longer than 60 seconds, they will have a suspension applied to their account.

So basically it had to continue that for 60s; that's generally something stuck in a loop or abusing the system.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your bandwidth and disk space are unmetered according to your plan, which is why the zeros are there.

What are you running on your site specifically? If it a wiki, forum, blog, or cms, then we'll need to investigate the plugins and extensions you have installed with that.

taslemguy78

Reaction score
It's something like a blog/forum, but I've coded it from scratch, and therefore used no plugins.

I have a feeling that it was a loop that I was debugging: You might want to consider an auto-timeout on that kind of thing, I accidentally refreshed the page a few times thinking my internet was slow, that must have launched too many threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.