"account suspended"

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrosaurus

Reaction score
Hello,

My account has been suspended due to a "content scraper". AS you will be able to see in my directory I am not copying a site but retreiving information from an txt file. This is with the goal to create a private (only for me) stock trading tool. Could you please indicate to me what steps to follow?

Best regards,

Retro

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

anyone please?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
$f = file_get_contents('http://www.euronext.com/search/download/trapridownloadpopup.jcsv?cha=1800&country="

That's a clip of what's in test.php. This is indeed content scraping since it's not loading from x10hosting. One could actually classify this as a proxy since it's downloading their information for you to view through us, which is what a proxy does too.

Edit: The other part is when I was watching the logs last night, this was popping up -several- times in quick succession. That's usually a bad sign.

Last edited:

retrosaurus

Reaction score
I think overal I used the script 20 times, for testing purposes. I don't see it as a proxy service at all. If you see this as a proxy service or content scraping, why do you not disable that function? I'm not mad, but I hope you can understand me. Also, where for you it is night, for me it is 11.30 in the morning ;-). Just to be clear : is the account suspended for ever, or can't I use that script anymore? or Will I be unbanned and still be allowed to use that script?

Best regards,

Retro

Status
Not open for further replies.