Account suspension for high resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb99682

Reaction score
Hi,

My account recently got suspended for 'high resource usage'. I am the only person who currently uses the website at the moment so i cannot understand why it is using a lot of resources.

I am using AJAX and quite a lot of database interaction but that shouldn't use that much CPU or memory, or does it? Also, is there a way to find out how much of the server resources i am using and what pages in particular cause problems?

Thanks

goooner

Reaction score
Hi,

My account recently got suspended for 'high resource usage'. I am the only person who currently uses the website at the moment so i cannot understand why it is using a lot of resources.

I am using AJAX and quite a lot of database interaction but that shouldn't use that much CPU or memory, or does it? Also, is there a way to find out how much of the server resources i am using and what pages in particular cause problems?

Thanks

I got pretty much the same problem, just came too check my website a moment ago and got this on my account panel:

You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

I run a PHP-Nuke website and an IPB forum on my account, got 2 SQL databases and around 70 users registered at all right now, also use cron to run a backup script for my SQL databases.

I unsuspended myself of course but I don't see why I got suspended in the first place, I'd like to get the same answers.

Thank you.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, now-a-days staff are suspending due to this problem. you are using some scripts which gain too much CPU ussage. so thats why you are suspended

goooner

Reaction score
Yes, now-a-days staff are suspending due to this problem. you are using some scripts which gain too much CPU ussage. so thats why you are suspended

Yeah? like what? the cron job I set just runs a perl script to save a backup of my database every midnight using mysqldumper.

Although you might not be. There is a suspicion that the 'monitor' is/was being overly-restrictive. See http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98910-high-resource-usage.html

Yeah, noticed that after I posted here, I'm hoping this is the case, I really need to use the cron job to backup my databases, as I said, it runs a mysqldumper perl script to backup both my sql databases and email them to me, it also deletes old database backups, it's a very simple and very easy job really, can't see where will the problem be, unless the manual file backups I sometime do with the compress option on the cpanel file manager takes too much cpu usage, in which case, it's x10's problem because it's their feature.

zen-r

Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.