Account Suspension for 'Phishing'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan.chughtai9458

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank you for creating a great hosting service. In the past, I have switched from provider to provider but I have never found such a great hosting service like x10hosting.

Okay, so my account just got suspended for supposed 'phishing'. I am practising my PHP skills at the moment, and I am currently learning how to get input from data forms. I did not know how to set up a form exactly so I just copied one from the website of a game I play a lot: RuneScape. I made minor modifications to the form so that it worked with my code and so I could test it properly. However, I got suspended almost straight away after uploading the form to my website.

I'd like you to know that I meant no harm and did *not* give the link out to any of my friends or contacts - nor was I ever intending to do so. This was simply to practice and advance my PHP skills without having to get my hands dirty in the HTML coding of setting up a form from scratch (I just copied the source from a game I play often). Again, I did not mean any harm from this, and I am sad that my account has been suspended for phishing as a result.

I hope you can re-activate my account, and I also hope you understand that I meant no harm at all :)
Thank you for providing such a great hosting service.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that's not possible as what you did is considered Copyright Infringement for theft of their entire front page, Trademark Infringement for use of their logos without permission, and that means it'll still be a permanent suspension.

My only advise? Next time, test it -locally-, and not on a public server that anyone can access.

hassan.chughtai9458

Reaction score
Well, that's a shame :( I understand, however. Would it be possible to grant me temporary access so that I can download some of my previous scripts that I stored (nothing bad) and my blog? I don't think I have a backup of them on my computer, so I would be extremely grateful if you could do this for me. Thanks.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Permanent suspension means there is no access allowed to your account for any reason before it's terminated. According to the TOS, you are responsible for your own backups.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account will be automatically deleted by the system after at least 14 days have past - could be longer

Regards,
Carl

Last edited:

hassan.chughtai9458

Reaction score
It's been almost 3 weeks and my account still hasn't been removed. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I'd appreciate it if you could delete it now :) That way, the nameservers will be free for the domain associated with my account if I decide to sign up a new account.

Thanks.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account will be automatically deleted by the system after at least 14 days have past - could be longer

We don't expedite removal of a ZT account for any reason; if the script that terminates the accounts is running slow, that'd explain the longer than 14 day suspension, but you -were- advised it could be longer than 14 days.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
We do not expedite the deletions of zero tolerance suspended accounts. It will automatically delete itself in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.