Account suspension issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

neox88

Reaction score
Hi,
my account is suspended by today with the following reason:

Suspension Reason: Explanation needed.
Unfortunately this suspension is not able to be resolved automatically. To resolve this suspension please open a support ticket.

The message say that I have to open a ticket, but i don't know what the problem is.

Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you explain what your site is please?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Specifically, what is the meaning of the "public" and "staff" folders, and why they are unlinked from the main page.

Last edited:

neox88

Reaction score
The website is a directory of exchange data, images, documents and informations used by a small circle of people. The folders "staff" and "public" are two directories created to keep these files ordered and aren't linked to the homepage because it's not necessary, since the contents are linked and attainable from another address.
Sometimes the site is also used with some html/php test pages, even those visited only by few people.
Consequently, the amount of traffic generated and used space on this site are almost insignificant.

I don't know the reason for this suspension, maybe i need to purchase the premium service due to the too low amount of visits on the site?
Thanks fot the support.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Visits have nothing to do with compliance to TOS. Here's why you were suspended and asked to explain your site, two quotes directly from free hosting Terms of Service:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.
* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the suspension reason to match the TOS violations calistoy has posted.

neox88

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the delay of my reply but I have been away from home a few days on holiday.
The contents on the host were not mirrored anywhere and had to do exclusively with the service itself. They were not linked files or download link created elsewhere. As I said, simply, the space was used to exchange documents, information, and to try some test pages.
Now, because I want to change my account in the premium service, how can I download the content of this ftp that is suspended?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
aren't linked to the homepage because it's not necessary, since the contents are linked and attainable from another address.

They were not linked files or download link created elsewhere.

They aren't linked on the homepage because they're linked and attainable from another address, but the files were "not linked files or download link created elsewhere"?

So which is it, cause you are contradicting yourself. You say they are linked and attainable from elsewhere, making us storage for the files, and then you say they aren't linked elsewhere. Based on your currently-provided information, this is permanent. This means access cannot be restored (see sections 6 and 8 of the TOS).

Upgrading to premium would also not work in this situation as premium doesn't allow file storage either.

Last edited:

neox88

Reaction score
Make available a direct link to a single person doesn't mean making the file available to download from other sites, even making it available via ftp to this person doesn't mean that is available elsewhere...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
But it -does- mean it's File Hosting, which we do not allow.

This is permanent, and there is nothing that can be done to recover the contents of the account.

Ticket Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.