Account suspension "Phishing do not unsuspend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodelf

Reaction score
Please help,

After recently creating an account, I started receiving suspicious emails claiming that the security setting on my email account were changed and I must follow a link - which had an obfuscated address.

So, stupidly I used Spamcop to report these - see below:Submitted: Mon Jan 11 00:17:40 2010 GMT 11 January 2010 08:17:40 +0800:
A new settings file for the x mailbox

With the result that my account has been suspended - reason code: A5585C864B1E

In the forum "Twinkie" has tried to help and escalated my case 'permalink': http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/108770-account-lock-due-phishing.html#post621397

But so far no news.

Thanks in advance, Nick

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I clicked on the link to your ticket and see that it has already been escalated properly. Go to the link you provided for the escalated ticket. At the top, it says that the ticket has been escalated and the click there to get to the escalated ticket. Then sign in using your forum username and password.

woodelf

Reaction score
Hi calistoy,

Tried to but I get this error

Fatal error: ERROR: You do not have access to this Ticket. in /home/support/public_html/modules/tickets/client_tickets.php on line 172

Also tried to go to the support centre but no ticket is shown under my sign-in.

so really stuck.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
i think the escalation was not success, pls wait for a admin to reply

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... I will point staff in this direction. You account right now is probably in the termination queue so, I don't want it destroyed while your were waiting.

I told them, which means they are probably looking into the issue.

Last edited:

woodelf

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys,

I do hope this gets resolved in my favour.

Let this serve as a warning to others - filter & bin spam but do not use spam reporting services.

Incidentally, beware of mails with the subject line -

"The settings for the service@xxx.com were changed"

or similar and in the body -

"We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing service your mailbox (xxx@xxx.com) settings were changed. In order to apply the new set of settings click on the following link:"

or similar, as this caused all my trouble.
Edit:
Just checked my account again - in hope!
Now find I've been slapped with another suspension - double suspended(!) - "email spam" suspension code 2709F9B2BA37.

Now loosing hope - I thought it was a cut and dried case if the spamcop reports were read correctly.

Don't know what to say anymore...

I don't suppose these emails with the hidden link were real were they ? Has anyone else received similar mails?

Last edited:

woodelf

Reaction score
Hello, I keep logging-in hopeful to see my problem has been resolved but no joy.

Its been 5 days now and as my domain is pointing at your servers all my email everything is lost.

Could someone tell me if there is a chance I'll be unsuspended or is it a lost cause - I feel really aggrieved since its so clear to me that its a misunderstanding - but as they say "its free so you can't complain".

Question: if my account gets deleted can I start over still keeping my domain?

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
If indeed your account was deleted you should be able to use the same domain. Please note though that if it was an x10 subdomain then it is possable but very unlikley that the domain was taken after your account was deleted

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Not sure if your issue has slipped through the cracks or not. The suspension reason has been changed to "Email spam".

Will escalate to see if an Admin can give you a definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.