account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcrulez

Reaction score
my account was suspended for uploading illegal scripts?? i was uploading vBulletin......this is "illegal" ??

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It's saying that you were suspended for uploading an illegally modified version of vBulletin. vBulletin isn't free. Did you buy it from the official site and obtain a legal license to use it?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you download it from the official site?

xtcrulez

Reaction score
No, a friend of mine said he got it from there and gave it to me to try. I didnt question it as i thought it was a TRIAL version.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No, a friend of mine said he got it from there and gave it to me to try. I didnt question it as i thought it was a TRIAL version.

That'd be why then; there is no trial version available from vbulletin's official site. He gave you something tagged as trial that really was warez and in violation of federal copyright law.

Knowing that, the account got picked up by one of the scanners, and permanently suspended. There's no way to get any of the data back.

xtcrulez

Reaction score
How could a scanner tell it was "warez" ? Its not like it says "Hello, im not official" on it. This pisses me off as i really know this person well and thought he could be trusted. Oh well, i didnt need anything from my account anyway, i just used it to test things for my REAL site.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
How could a scanner tell it was "warez" ? Its not like it says "Hello, im not official" on it. This pisses me off as i really know this person well and thought he could be trusted. Oh well, i didnt need anything from my account anyway, i just used it to test things for my REAL site.

In most illegal vbulletin's I've seen, there is a lack of a license number in the files. There is also a rather identifying file left in there by the release group that cracked it - the scanner looks for both.

xtcrulez

Reaction score
Well im glad it was caught, i dont condone illegal software and i sure DO NOT want to use it for anything.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well im glad it was caught, i dont condone illegal software and i sure DO NOT want to use it for anything.

I'd still let your friend know; if he were to use a hosting service similar to x10's and get caught the same way, his data's at risk too.

In the mean time, look up MyBB, PHPBB, or SMF - they're all freeware (legitimately free, look them up on google for their homepages) forum systems. A lot of folk don't think they stand up to vB and that's probably true, but they're free and support plugins so they can get expanded :)

xtcrulez

Reaction score
I'd still let your friend know; if he were to use a hosting service similar to x10's and get caught the same way, his data's at risk too.

In the mean time, look up MyBB, PHPBB, or SMF - they're all freeware (legitimately free, look them up on google for their homepages) forum systems. A lot of folk don't think they stand up to vB and that's probably true, but they're free and support plugins so they can get expanded :)

I actually use SMF now but was looking for a more feature rich platform as certain SMF function seem to be buggy for me. Was thinking of PHPBB.

xtcrulez

Reaction score
So am i banned for life from here, or can i start another free hosting account?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
So am i banned for life from here, or can i start another free hosting account?

You can signup again after your account got deleted. If you want me to delete your account now, reply back. Otherwise it will be deleted automatically after few days

xtcrulez

Reaction score
Well, if im not allowed to recover the data, delete it now. Otherwise, what other options do i have?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, if im not allowed to recover the data, delete it now. Otherwise, what other options do i have?

There is no way to recover your data, Also I have placed your account in termination queue. It will be terminated shortly, wait few minutes and then register a new hosting account.
And Don`t Violate TOS this time :)

xtcrulez

Reaction score
Had i known it was bad software, i never would have used it. Please close this thread, i will re-apply in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.