Account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbmorton35

Reaction score
Hi. please let me login in and fix this problem. i suspect its code that may have been temporarily put on my domain when doing a back up for a friends site.

please can you let me login and i will remove the malicious code. please do not delete the content on the server, i will do this as there is stuff on there thats important and i need to keep it.

Thanks

August 14 at 3:29 amsuspensionViolation of x10hosting's terms of service. A criminally fraudulent phishing site attempting to deceive visitors through masquerading as a trustworthy entity was uploaded.
« Previous
Next »
Your Account is Currently Suspended
Your hosting account with the username is suspended, access to this account has been disabled. The reason for suspension is listed below.
Suspension ReasonViolation of x10hosting's terms of service. A criminally fraudulent phishing site attempting to deceive visitors through masquerading as a trustworthy entity was uploaded.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,
Your account has been suspended for phishing which is under our zero tolerance policy. Unfortunately, it will remain suspended until it is terminated in 14 days. No exceptions are allowed and no backups are given.

cbmorton35

Reaction score
Hi Deadbattery

is it possible to redirect requests to my domain to an alternative domain while i wait for the suspension to expire?

also what is meant by termination? the termination of my account or the termination of the suspension of the account?

i really beg of you to allow me to edit the contents of my site and remove the offending phishing site (which i had no idea was there when i transferred files over).

i understand zero tolerance and support it, however since i did not do anything purposely wrong to my knowledge and also have an idea which files are the problem (another coders site - he got hacked with a php script disguised as an image file via an upload button in his code). also please be aware that i am not a phisher and i am certainly not a criminal. if you give me a chance to rectify what is wrong (as i did not do anything intentionally wrong does the zero tolerance policy still apply?) i can gaurantee you that nothing like this will happen again.

please please please let me fix the problem files and it wont happen again. please feel free to escalate this request to your senior.

thanks

Chris

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Deadbattery

is it possible to redirect requests to my domain to an alternative domain while i wait for the suspension to expire?

also what is meant by termination? the termination of my account or the termination of the suspension of the account?

This suspension will never expire, because this is a permanent suspension.
Termination means Deletion of your account.

cbmorton35

Reaction score
can i at least copy some stuff off my directory before you delete my stuff please

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
A zero tolerance also means you get nothing back. Its like asking the cops for your drugs back because you'll use them elsewhere.

cbmorton35

Reaction score
just delete the folder codrakon and problem solved. i did not put up a phishing site intentionally. i made a copy of one of my friends sites and his script has been hacked. i just need a copy of the scripts folder.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, but we don't unsuspend accounts nor assist with providing backups of illegal material. It's in the TOS. Not going to happen. It's permanently suspended until it's terminated automatically.

cbmorton35

Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest what is the purpose of suspending account and terminating it 14 days later if there is no possibility of appeal? why not just terminate it immediately? by the way the stuff that i need off my domain is not illegal (look at the scripts folder), and i am quite happy to loose any files that are illegal (in the codrakon folder). as i keep on insisting i was completely unaware that doing my friend a favor by copying his application would result in illegal content. i have learned my lesson in this regard, next time some one asks me for a favor i will flatly deny them.

from my point of view suspending account without an appeal process is pointless, and i think immediate termination would be more appropriate. as previously mentioned i think zero tolerance is a good policy when it comes to hosting illegal content, however if coupled with suspension with no chance of appeal then i make me think that the suspension for 14 days is serving no purpose.

i accept this termination but think that an appeal process should be allowed, in the case of accidental and unintentional illegal content (i stress again that i was completely unaware of illegal content). additionally when it comes to dynamic content (including such things as uploads) things such as sql injections and malicious uploads are not necessarily the developers fault, although in my code (not the codrakon folder) i make provisions to prevent this type of thing (checking mime types and using standard security measures to prevent script injections (regular expressions, parametered sql code)). so if there was such a thing as an appeal process this is what i would use to argue my case.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

additionally it says that "Unfortunately this suspension is not able to be resolved automatically. To resolve this suspension please open a support ticket." giving the impression that this suspension can be resolved, which is what i am trying to do...

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

additionally there is no mention of a explicit 'zero tolerance policy' (using those words) in http://x10hosting.com/terms. partnered with the phrase that the suspension could possibly be resolved by opening a support ticket the terms and conditions need to be revised.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
To cover your recent edit, there's also no mention that once suspended you can be unsuspended. It should be obvious that if you're going to violate US Law and Copyright Laws by uploading a phishing site (illegal use of logos is the copyright infringement, and US/Federal/State/Local laws prohibit identity theft which is what a phishing site does) that you're going to get suspended with no chance of us wanting to allow you to continue hosting.

Edit: Also adding that it is also explained in the Acceptable Use Policy, which is pretty much a more formal version of the TOS. http://x10hosting.com/aup is the link, but once again the TOS doesn't say you'll get the account back. Upon closer reading I did locate this however:

"* No Warez! Absolutely under no circumstances do we allow any type of illegal or copyrighted material on our servers. Breaking this rule will get you a permanent suspension, we have a zero tolerance policy regarding this."

Right at the top; phishing pages break copyright and violate many US laws (which is also where the servers are located), so it counts as Illegal as well.

Edit 2: Oh and let's quote this since we're quoting the tos:

4. Cancellation & Refunds

x10Hosting reserves the right to cancel any service provided at any time. In this event customers will be entitled to a prorated refund based upon the remaining period of membership. If a customer contravenes x10Hosting's terms of service, a refund will not be issued in the event of a cancellation by x10Hosting or the customer. Any incentives offered to customers when opening the account will also be cancelled. Customers may be given the option to purchase services which were offered as start-up incentives in the result of a cancellation. Fees charged on a prepay basis are non-refundable.

Refunds also includes backups/access to files. You contravened the TOS, so there is no refund/backups since it was cancelled by x10hosting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.