Account Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcoonline96

Reaction score
My account was suspended for installing a program you have on your Softoculous. Can this please be resolved asap.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see Mibew's chat system in softalicious or fantastico...

Wordpress is, but then again wordpress isn't what you got suspended for.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just updating this; I went to softaculous's own site after having an admin check to see if Mibew was indeed on your server's softaculousinstall. The Mibew chat system is not a part of softaculous.

This would be a permanent suspension due to it counting as being a major violation of the TOS - we explicitly disallow shoutboxes and chat systems in the TOS. They even have their own section.

To be honest though, the real nail in the coffin is that we -checked- softaculous, which is where you claimed you installed the script from. It's not a part of a stock softaculousinstall ( http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/ ) nor is it present in softaculouson your server. Doesn't get much more clear-cut than that.

kushcoonline96

Reaction score
We though it was the same we installed one from an external source. It didn't work so we went through softoculous. Can we please have our site unsuspended we will remove the external chat system asap. It is in that softaculous Quote " Mebew Messenger( also known as Open Web Messenger)" The one on softaculos is called Open Web Messenger.

Source of that quote is found on www.mibew.org
http://www.softaculous.com/softwares/customersupport/Open_Web_Messenger
^ if you go to the link above and click on *GET SUPPORT* for OWM it will take you to MiBew

I dont think we broke the TOS now.

some screen shots.
PROOF.jpg

---------- Post added 12-17-2010 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-16-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

Doesn't get much more clear-cut than that.
Being that it took you and an administrator to overlook your own hosting specs i think we deserve our site unsuspended.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

There are two issues here, #1) If you read the terms of service you would have known they were not allowed, but 2) If we didn't have them listed in Softaculous you wouldn't be using it (obviously if you see a script in there you would think it's allowed).

I have edited the script list to disallow this and have unsuspended your account. You have 24 hours to bring your account up to par with the terms of service.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Due to the TOS forbidding any chat scripts at all inside your hosting account, no. Try using google to find off-site alternatives that fits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.