Account suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardmartino421

Reaction score
Hi guys, today my account was suspended, i got the reason that said "Stop Spamming"

I'd appreciate it if i could know where exactly i spammed?

With respect,
Richard

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the person who suspended you didn't specify what actions you took to deserve this suspension. Keep in mind that the US regulations on what is spam are very specific to what you must do for an email to not be considered spam including

1. Users must opt-in to receive your email (double opt-in is even better, but optional)
2. Users must be notified in every message how to opt-out
3. Users' opting out requests must be handled in a timely manner (10 business days)

The rules are numerous and detailed. You can read the whole thing here: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

As far as your account goes, I can unsuspend you if you think you can find and fix any CAN-SPAM act violations.

I can also try to find out who suspended you and ask them for more details. My guess is someone got mad that you sent them an email and reported you to X10's abuse system.

Last edited:

richardmartino421

Reaction score
Hello, thank for for the fast response. I beleive i know why it gave me a spam suspension, one of the administrators of my forum accidentally sent out a mass email, and MyBB gave him an error, and it sent out 30+ emails to each user on the forum.

If you can unsuspend me, i will fix it.

Thank you very much,
Richard

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, thank for for the fast response. I beleive i know why it gave me a spam suspension, one of the administrators of my forum accidentally sent out a mass email, and MyBB gave him an error, and it sent out 30+ emails to each user on the forum.

If you can unsuspend me, i will fix it.

Thank you very much,
Richard

I see. You were likely caught by the automated system then and not a user reporting you.

You're now unsuspended. Please be careful in the future. With that many emails going out, it puts a high load on the mail server.

richardmartino421

Reaction score
I see. You were likely caught by the automated system then and not a user reporting you.

You're now unsuspended. Please be careful in the future. With that many emails going out, it puts a high load on the mail server.

I appreciate your fast reply, and i hope you have a great day :cool:

Thanks alot,
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.