Account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

grod77748

Reaction score
The reason for account suspension was stated as being "file hosting".
I am not hosting any files. All the files on my site are for the purpose of my family's website.
Please review this again. Thank You.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
unforchantly this appears to have been done by an administrator who is cleaning up space. Your account was deleted in the process so a second manual review isn't possible.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember seeing this one before it was erased actually; the account had more than 1gb of images on it that appeared to be unlinked. This site would've been erased for Image Hosting under the 1gb gallery limitation which was violated, along with file storage.

I don't remember erasing this one though, but I do know it was on my list to clean out when I got there. Looks like I got beat.

grod77748

Reaction score
I remember seeing this one before it was erased actually; the account had more than 1gb of images on it that appeared to be unlinked. This site would've been erased for Image Hosting under the 1gb gallery limitation which was violated, along with file storage.

I don't remember erasing this one though, but I do know it was on my list to clean out when I got there. Looks like I got beat.

What do you mean by unlinked? This was a website for my family to view our photos. What were they supposed to be linked to?
I just checked my folders and the total file size 1.1GB (that's all files).
Why was I not even given a chance to defend myself or maybe clean up the space. I know it's free, but damm.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It had to be linked to a webpage of some kind. The photos appeared to not be linked to any kind of website in your account, which is why the account was suspended for file hosting. The free hosting account is for websites, not for the storing of personal files only.

From the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for an account:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

Also this:

8. Suspensions

If an account is suspended for a breach of the terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or partial to an account holder that has been suspended.

grod77748

Reaction score
It had to be linked to a webpage of some kind. The photos appeared to not be linked to any kind of website in your account, which is why the account was suspended for file hosting. The free hosting account is for websites, not for the storing of personal files only.

From the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for an account:

Also this:

I understand the TOS-But that is a little confusing. The way you explain it " The free hosting account is for websites" basically states that it's for business purposes only. If I have a website that display's my photo's they won't be linked to anything, but it's still considered a website and according to your TOS I'm storing the files on your server-which is not my intended purpose. That's why I ask, why was I not even given a chance to explain-I don't think that's much to ask. At least I could have had a chance to remove my files willingly. Basically I was given a trial with no jury.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Then I'll add my re-review to it since I found the real problem.

Your site is password protected. The entire -thing- is password protected. There's no way to see if there -is- a website on the account when you password protect the entire thing - the fact that it was then pretty much a mess of files beyond that is not helping your case.

I'm guessing that's why it has the "Unable to review" flag - I found the passwd file that shows public_html was completely locked to all viewers without a username/password. This is not considered website hosting when you pretty much make it impossible for anyone but a select few to even access the account.

With that, it's definitely sticking as a permanent irrevocable suspension at this time. You were warned in the TOS what was allowed and what wasn't, and had the account not already been suspended I'dve done it - that's two separate people who looked at the account and pretty much said "not within the TOS."

grod77748

Reaction score
Then I'll add my re-review to it since I found the real problem.

Your site is password protected. The entire -thing- is password protected. There's no way to see if there -is- a website on the account when you password protect the entire thing - the fact that it was then pretty much a mess of files beyond that is not helping your case.

I'm guessing that's why it has the "Unable to review" flag - I found the passwd file that shows public_html was completely locked to all viewers without a username/password. This is not considered website hosting when you pretty much make it impossible for anyone but a select few to even access the account.

With that, it's definitely sticking as a permanent irrevocable suspension at this time. You were warned in the TOS what was allowed and what wasn't, and had the account not already been suspended I'dve done it - that's two separate people who looked at the account and pretty much said "not within the TOS."

So then I will ask AGAIN. Why was I not given the opportunity to reply to that. I did not realize that password protecting an entire site is not deemed a site. If that is something that is known in the industry then maybe not EVERYONE knows that. The reason I password protected my site is because I only wanted family members viewing the pictures. Why do I need the whole world seeing what we did during our summer vacation. If someone needed to see what was in there then SOMEONE should have asked. I did notice that my password did not work several times and I had to change it back, so I would imagine that it was viewed.
I know I am not going to win this but bottom line is that I do not feel I did anything wrong and if I did then I should have been emailed and warned or something to that effect like when I get the email to log in to the forum. I understand some people are up to no good but I can honestly say I WAS NOT! And maybe if I was treated fairly eventually I would have considered the Premium plan as I was leaning towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.