Account Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamin

Reaction score
My account had been suspended. (hangout.x10.mx)
I have sent an appeal and when I came back on, to check, i had to send another one. my email also told me that i have been suspended again.
I have been suspended for Disallowed Software.

I have permission to use these files and should be unbanned.

(http://iwm.pw/CheckLicense?pid=hangout.x10.mx)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pending a response from our admins on this; with the number of DMCA's filed for the software in use, we're looking to see if there's a way we can whitelist domains that have a valid license or if we're not going to be able to support the software further due to the level of copyright infringement previously present with the software.

Edit: As a side note there's now three disputes in for the same site; we only need one, as whatever the end response is for that one will be the same for all three.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it weren't for the past history with the software and the sheer number of DMCA's we had received, this wouldn't actually be an issue. This one single software script has brought in more DMCA's than any other script we've seen, which puts us at risk of being held liable for copyright infringement.

While I can understand that you do have a license and feel it should be usable, the internal software we have does not have a white-list function for usernames/domains at this time, which is where the other half of the problem comes in, and why I'm waiting for a response from our admins before giving a final answer on the dispute.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm updating your dispute now; I'm not sure which of the 3 you can see in the portal but once it's unsuspended I'm not sure you'll be able to see, so I'll put the quick version here.. We're going to work on implementing a white-list in the software, but until we get that set we've taken measures to ensure it won't re-suspend in the mean time; the suspensions should be lifted shortly once I make absolutely sure it won't re-kill the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.