Account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpt.nighthawk74

Reaction score
My account was suspended today. I've just received the reason (after I appealed so I couldn't really answer to it), which is phishing. I am sure my website didn't have ANY active page that could be classified this way. It was a Wordpress blog, with 2 youtube videos in iframes (maybe this was the reason?). I am not looking for unsuspension as I was going to choose a paid host anyway, however I would like to know which part of my website was considered malicious.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There were several reasons detailed in your dispute; the phishing page was the least concerning of them oddly. You confirmed that you were based in Poland; upon investigation a proxy was used to sign up for the account, which is a permanent suspension on its own as we do not allow the country blacklistings to be bypassed, and Poland was not in the accepted list in August 2014 when the account was signed up for. With this, there was no reason to investigate the phishing side of it further to confirm if it had been valid - the account would be under a permanent suspension for the proxy signup alone.

cpt.nighthawk74

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I did try using proxy, however I failed and tried my old account, which appeared as unsuspension (but it might have been thanks to the proxy). It doesn't matter anyway. I was just concerned about my users, as accusation of phishing is quite serious. Please, if you will, delete my website entirely from your servers, so it doesn't show the "suspended" notice.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
At this time we're unable to expedite the erasure of accounts under a permanent suspension. The system does eventually purge the account from the system, but we cannot expedite this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.