Account suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuelm3

Reaction score
I signed in today to find that my account has been suspended with this reason given:

Access to your hosting account is currently restricted. The restriction is due to a substantial link discovered between your account and another with a history of abuse activity.

I went to the self help section of the forums to find out what to do and it says that there should be a form I can fill in but when I logged in again, there was no form, just a statement saying I should contact the community forums if I think this is a mistake.

I'd like to know more about why I've been suspended and what I can do to have the account suspension lifted.

I use this hosting for my resume, which I need as I'm currently looking for work. Please advise me on what I need to do to have the suspension lifted.

superte2

Reaction score
i got this one too. all they tell me is i'm linked to another account that was banned, which is non sense. they won't tell you anything else or go into detail about anything, except for the people who do obvious wrong. so say your site got hacked and a script was uploaded to it, you get banned. then if you try to make another account they ban it too and won't even tell you the way they connected the two accounts. all these issues with the logging in with proxies shows no one here knows anything about the web. oh you're using an IP that was used before? everytime i use my wifi hot spot, i get a new IP and i'm sure it's not unique and never been used before. so pretty dumb standard to hold people to. can change my ip and mac address all day. can let someone else use my computer to log into their account which isn't against the TOS. but that's how they play it here. bunch of little script kiddies with nothing better to do in a day, but won't reply to serious complaints. see my post here and look at those dates: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/substantial-link-ban.200027/ almost a month of nothing.

superte2

Reaction score
Neither will emailing anyone, or posting in this forum, even though we're told to post it here. No unsuspensions, no reasons why, and to some not even an acknowledgement that their post exists. Guessing same support for paid members too. This is a free service and you get what you pay for, but with that said I would never let these people see a single dollar of my money, and that is probably the main reason I get no replies like so many others. Way too many hosting companies out there that will jump hurdles for you, so if I have to pay to have a site up, it won't be here.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Neither will emailing anyone, or posting in this forum, even though we're told to post it here. No unsuspensions, no reasons why, and to some not even an acknowledgement that their post exists. Guessing same support for paid members too. This is a free service and you get what you pay for, but with that said I would never let these people see a single dollar of my money, and that is probably the main reason I get no replies like so many others. Way too many hosting companies out there that will jump hurdles for you, so if I have to pay to have a site up, it won't be here.
I would like to clear a few things up (being straight-forward).

1. Calling any of the staff or volunteers a "bunch of little script kiddies" would not be the correct thing to say (doesn't make sense in this case) nor would it motivate them to bother assisting you (as you previously recognised);
2. Changing MAC address will not make any difference here, considering the limitations of MAC address information gathering with the latest web technologies;
3. Those who would use X10Premium are supposed to use the client area using tickets but it appears that they go here as it can take way too long to get a response (and this forum is supposed to be for 'free hosting'), it should be also noted that it is an utterly different service;
4. Suspensions as such on free services do not always provide the reason, supposedly because they would assume that you did something wrong and that you would be very much aware of that forbidden action;
5. Volunteers are not always going to get to every post and they would have access limits preventing them from accessing certain information.

When it comes to free services, you would be very responsible to make precautions just in case it suddenly becomes unavailable.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose I'll respond here also though I did respond in this user's other thread. He was previously suspended for shell scripts being on his account along with a cPanel password brute force script.

And as mentioned, name calling and being disrespectful will probably end up getting you ignored.

superte2

Reaction score
Yeah only problem was that it wasn't me who uploaded any script anywhere, so getting rid of my account and claiming it to be linked to another proves nothing. Also, looks like calling names got a bunch of panties in wad because my original posts were almost a month a go with no reply. Today, multiple replies from multiple people? Complete joke we have here.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, if you don't want to discuss it in a civilized manner that is fine. I'll be happy to remove your user and posts from the forum so you can seek service elsewhere.

The problem with what you're saying is that we have logs that tell a different story. It's not based on IP, and the information we have linking you to this other account is specific enough to say that the same exact computer was used to login to this old account. But I have a feeling with your next reply none of this will matter.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I signed in today to find that my account has been suspended with this reason given:

Access to your hosting account is currently restricted. The restriction is due to a substantial link discovered between your account and another with a history of abuse activity.

I went to the self help section of the forums to find out what to do and it says that there should be a form I can fill in but when I logged in again, there was no form, just a statement saying I should contact the community forums if I think this is a mistake.

I'd like to know more about why I've been suspended and what I can do to have the account suspension lifted.

I use this hosting for my resume, which I need as I'm currently looking for work. Please advise me on what I need to do to have the suspension lifted.

Do you happen to use TOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.