Activation link not activating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorphous Ice

Reaction score
As the subject says. :(

I got my comfirmation email for the hosting service. However, when I tried to follow the activation link, it would give me a message telling me that I "need to come from a valid link." I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean.

Chris Z

Reaction score
try clicking resend validation link, or maybe it's saying you have already validated, i'm not totally sure but i'd say resend it and then copy the url from the email, don't just click it

Amorphous Ice

Reaction score
It seems that the free server is back up.

I am still having the same problems. I have tried copying and pasting the link directly into my browser, as well as clicking it directly.

I'm not sure how to get a new activation code, seeing as how I am also not even able to log in. After putting in my username and password into the cPanel prompt, it simply keeps reappearing rather than redirecting me to a new page or an error page. I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited: If I'm not supposed to be trying to enter the cPanel, is there another way to log in? It's the only way I can find on the site for now. (Maybe I havn't looked hard enough)

Last edited:

Ishtera

Reaction score
I have the exactly the same problem, but I regist like 1 week ago

Chris Z

Reaction score
this might be related to Accounts not being created automatically now, i'm not sure if the administrator has turned that function back on or not, so i'm not really sure how i can help you there. or do you already have a hosting account? i'm not really sure where you're at, please give a better explanation

Ishtera

Reaction score
It seems he got the same problem as me so i'll explain it.
I complete the registration form and got an e-mail saying
"Dear *******,
Thank you for signing up with x10Hosting. Your application for free web hosting has been submitted. Please click the link below to confirm your E-mail address and activate your account.

http://x10hosting.com/validate?type=free&username=******&activation=******""
Ofcourse de ***** are name, username, and activCode.
When I click the Link it get me to a page that say "need to come from a valid link".

jaygreentree

Reaction score
Ishtera said:
It seems he got the same problem as me so i'll explain it.
I complete the registration form and got an e-mail saying
"Dear *******,
Thank you for signing up with x10Hosting. Your application for free web hosting has been submitted. Please click the link below to confirm your E-mail address and activate your account.

http://x10hosting.com/validate?type=free&username=******&activation=******""
Ofcourse de ***** are name, username, and activCode.
When I click the Link it get me to a page that say "need to come from a valid link".
If I remeber correctly validation links only work for 24 hours then they expire.

Amorphous Ice

Reaction score
I agree. I signed up for hosting Friday evening at work (lets say about 1pm), came home, and then tried to use the activation link at about 3am in the morning. Hardly a 24 hour span.

And yeah, I got the -exact- email and error message as Ishtera.

I tried the link again a few minutes ago, and it still didn't work. Of course, now THIS time it may have been because of the 24-hour limit. Either way, I can't do squat diddily except access the forums.

I'm also not able to retrieve a password (I thought that maybe I inputted a bad pass at registration) -- it simply does nothing, if this could possibly mean anything.

I DO connect to the internet through dialup on American Online, although I use Firefox 1.5 as a browser. That probably doesn't mean anything, but you never know -- I've been trapped behind IP bans before targetted at AOL customers.

EDITED: If this IS a result of the admins no longer using automatic activation/registration, I suggest altering the automatic email that's sent out to avoid further confusion. I'd be happy to wait for a real live person to review my app, but I would appreciate some notice or a 'yay/nay' reply as part of a curtesy.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
also, the automatic signups are down and have been for a week or so (maybe more) but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with activation links..

Status
Not open for further replies.