Ad Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I've tried countless times to figure out why the Corporate Ad code doesn't work and makes a page not found come up. This is making it so nobody can see my site. Nobody on these forums has came up with a solution yet so I have something that I need a Moderator or Admin to verify first. http://abandonware.x10hosting.com I put a temporary ad in there just until I can get the original ads working. I know this may not go to well but I can't put the other ads in cause it screws up my page. Just check and leave comments.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
No this will not work. The proper ad code has to be up and on every viewable public page.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Arg but when I try to use it, it screws up my site! It redirects the whole page to http:/// and then nobody can view my site!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
There has to be away to put it up everyone else can get it up. Is your site in php or html ?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
tehpwner said:
Arg but when I try to use it, it screws up my site! It redirects the whole page to http:/// and then nobody can view my site!
If it's php theres probley a header.php and all you have to do is add it at the top of the header.php...

well thats what i always did and it worked.

Last edited:

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
htm, I just downloaded the ad zip, tried to view the preview ads page and it screwed up. I have no clue what's wrong, I can view ads on other people's pages. I'm really confused!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
tehpwner said:
htm, I just downloaded the ad zip, tried to view the preview ads page and it screwed up. I have no clue what's wrong, I can view ads on other people's pages. I'm really confused!
ummm... There was a post just yester day i'm pritty sure on how to get the ads up on html ill find it.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Wait, I got the header.php to work, I'll just try to get it into my page, I'll post again to tell you if it works or not!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Alright well, If you just place it at the top of the header.php it should work. Give me the link after you do this. Some times peoples borwsers will block ad's and won't display the page at all!

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hm... Well it's working for me? But to my under staning you have to move it to the top of your site...

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but the site is in htm if your wondering, it's not in php. So moving header.php from the bottom to the top won't make a difference.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok, well i don't think i can help you much more i did the best i could..

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Well thanks anyways, anyone else know how to solve this. Or can an admin or Moderator make a new ad so I can get it to work?

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I Solved it!

Listen up...

My page used to be called index.htm, I simply saved it as homepage.htm opened it and the ads displayed perfectly! Thanks to everyone who helped! this topic can now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.