Adagio Needs Work

flare66

Reaction score
I'm looking for coments on my slightly neglected personal site... I'm in the process of renovating and such, so I may as well get some opinions right?

http://www.distant-sea.net/adagio

Edit: I would especially like to hear what you have to say about the layouts. I haven't made anything new in so long that I'm not sure of what I want to change and what I want to keep.
The skins page is here:
http://www.distant-sea.net/adagio/site.php?skins

Thanks!

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Pretty nice, Just note that when you view the main page, the overlap of the sidebar means that the on the left side of the bar there are untidy lines and boxes.
7/10 :)

flare66

Reaction score
Pretty nice, Just note that when you view the main page, the overlap of the sidebar means that the on the left side of the bar there are untidy lines and boxes.
7/10 :)

I do believe I noticed that and ignored it. ^^; I guess I just became so used to seeing the excess that I didn't feel it would bother anyone. I'm glad that you pointed that out though.

Sohail

Reaction score
This should have been posted in the review my site section of the forums...

Anyway i think your site needs quite a bit of work, the layout isn't very professional, and it needs ore colour, plus it's missing something but i just can't seem to remember...

Try adding more graphics too :).

Does your template use CSS?

flare66

Reaction score
This should have been posted in the review my site section of the forums...
This is the review my site section... unless there is another one that I don't know about. Or maybe my post was moved. I'll be more careful next time though.

Anyway i think your site needs quite a bit of work, the layout isn't very professional, and it needs ore colour, plus it's missing something but i just can't seem to remember...

By professional do you mean 'polished' or 'marketable'? If the former is correct, I'd like for you to expound that statement. Otherwise, I'm not really worried about being professional because it's a simple personal site for amusement and exploration. Notice that there are no business oriented documents. The only thing I really worry about is whether or not at least one of my layouts is pleasing to each of my visitors.

As for the color issue, are you referring only to the default layout or were you able to explore the skin page that I linked to? The only means of adding color (without ruining the color visibility) that I can think of is to create some sort of simple background. Is that what you had in mind or were you thinking of something else?

Try adding more graphics too :).

Does your template use CSS?
What sort of graphics do you think would fit? And yes, all of the layouts have external css.
Edit:
Nice Site.
I give 6/10.

Thanks! 6 is my favorite number. :biggrin:

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Lol, why is six your favorite number?

Anyways it's a good site for starters, but you should try to do something about the bars that go behind the side navigation, cause it kind of messes up the layout. Anyways great layout, I love it :D

flare66

Reaction score
Lol, why is six your favorite number?

Anyways it's a good site for starters, but you should try to do something about the bars that go behind the side navigation, cause it kind of messes up the layout. Anyways great layout, I love it :D

I'll definitely fix the side bars in my next update! I think that I just have to change the properties of the floating box.

Six is my favorite number because I'm a number six in my sorority!