AddHandler directive for Python?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meithan

Reaction score
Hi. This afternoon my webpage -which uses Python scripts- started sending 403 Forbidden errors. I saw that this afternoon the supported Apache directives were changed. Naturally, to have Apache execute my Python scripts, the .htaccess in my scripts dir reads "AddHandler cgi-script .py".

Does this mean Python scripts are no longer supported in Free Hosting? Or do I have to change something else to have it working again?

Thanks!

caftpx10

Reaction score
Python isn't (or rather shouldn't) be supported on free hosting.

meithan

Reaction score
Yeah, I was told that some time in the past, but the staff said I was free to try to use it under my own risk.

Still, I'm waiting for confirmation that there's no action I can do to get it working again, so that Python is "officially not supported" now.

Next question would be: does the Premium service support Python?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score

meithan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, bdistler. I see that Premium accounts are the ones with "CGI" as included feature, which I assume is where Python support is. So I'd have to upgrade to that to get my website working again, right?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. If at any time you see Python working on Free Hosting user accounts without an accompanying announcement, you should assume that it's a temporary configuration error that will soon be fixed. (Sometimes something like that can go unnoticed until someone uses it to do something bad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.