adding another web site to my acount BUT HOW?

divebuddha

Reaction score
Ok i thought i would post this question into the forums as i usualy get some great feedback from you all!

ok my question is im looking at setting up another website for my daughters scout group but wondered how to do i !

just basic things like trip reports and photos from trips and stuff!

this site will be obviously non proffit and besicaly want to see if i can put em a site together but how is the question?

where and how do i add another site to my acount that works autonemously to my own ?

is it classed as an add on domain?
if it is how do i set it up?

is it a sub domain?and how do i set it up !

or is it a parked domain ?and how would i set it up !

please take pitty on my stupidity guys and try to talk me through this one?

or should i simply set up a new acount ?

thanks for any info guys

best wishes leigh

miguelkp

Reaction score
Yo should use an "addon domain" in your cPanel. It's like a parked domain but it allows you to redirect to a specific directory. So you can make a directory inside your public_html and point the new domain to that one.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You can also go to co.cc or cz.cc and get a domain name there for free, so the name can be like

troup344.co.cc

divebuddha

Reaction score
Yo should use an "addon domain" in your cPanel. It's like a parked domain but it allows you to redirect to a specific directory. So you can make a directory inside your public_html and point the new domain to that one.
and by doing this will it allow me to use the sitebuilder software that we use here at x10? and the new directory within the main public_html could be something like scouting or something like that ?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
and by doing this will it allow me to use the sitebuilder software that we use here at x10?
Yes, you should be able to keep it separate from your main domain.

and the new directory within the main public_html could be something like scouting or something like that ?
The directory for your addon would be inside public_html. (e.g. /home/username/public_html/scoutsite/)