Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle t

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbdccx10

Reaction score
ok, I use get simple CMS, when I try to add a web widget to a sidepanel I get the error below.......
You don't have permission to access /test/admin/components.php on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've checked file permissions and all seem fine, this worked previously, Im just pasting an updated version of the widget that was already there. I can remove the widget entirely and the page saves correctly, no error.

Here's the code for the widget :

<div id="cont_MjEzOXw1fDJ8MXwxfEZGRkZGRnwxfEZGRkZGRnxDfDF8bXBo"><div id="spa_MjEzOXw1fDJ8MXwxfEZGRkZGRnwxfEZGRkZGRnxDfDF8bXBo"><a id="a_MjEzOXw1fDJ8MXwxfEZGRkZGRnwxfEZGRkZGRnxDfDF8bXBo" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.weather-wherever.co.uk/united-kingdom/yeovil_v2139/" target="_blank" style="color:#333;text-decoration:none;">Yeovil Weather forecast</a> © weather-wherever.co.uk</div><script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.weather-wherever.co.uk/js/MjEzOXw1fDJ8MXwxfEZGRkZGRnwxfEZGRkZGRnxDfDF8bXBo"></script></div>

Last edited:

sbdccx10

Reaction score
I've seen other posts with this issue ask for the .htacces file....

Here's the contents of mine....
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /sbdcc/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

caftpx10

Reaction score
Just to make it clear, according to what you've said, this sounds like a HTTP 403 Response (forbidden).
This can be caused by many factors, especially mod_security.

Do you mean that you've updated the widget code recently or did you just save that same exact code and this error appeared?

sbdccx10

Reaction score
The existing widget stopped working correctly so I went to the site I got it from to generate a new widget code. When i pasted it in and tried to save I got the error above.

I tried pasting a different widget from an unrelated source and got the same error.
Is mod_security something I can play with?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is mod_security something I can play with?
not in a x10hosting's free-hosting account

x10hosting will not allow free-hosing account holders to (individually) disable mod_security at this time

With mod_security in place, it's difficult to tell what's going on - You can try enabling error logging (temporarily) via the PHP settings in cPanel to give you a better clue, since just about anything that throws an error is going to return a 403 or a 404

Status
Not open for further replies.