Addon Domain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsox

Reaction score
I have a domain which I want to host on X10. I went into cPanel and attempted to add the domain with the addon domain wizard, but it does not appear in my (blank) list of added domains. Attempting to add the domain again fails with an error stating that it has already been added. The nameservers for the domain in question are set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com as noted elsewhere, but the addition of the domain fails.

As a result, I am unable to modify my account and change it from using an x10hosting subdomain to use my personal domain name.

Please advise/assist!

Thank you.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the domain you are adding? Are you able to view your site through that domain?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a domain which I want to host on X10. I went into cPanel and attempted to add the domain with the addon domain wizard, but it does not appear in my (blank) list of added domains. Attempting to add the domain again fails with an error stating that it has already been added. The nameservers for the domain in question are set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com as noted elsewhere, but the addition of the domain fails.

As a result, I am unable to modify my account and change it from using an x10hosting subdomain to use my personal domain name.

Please advise/assist!

Thank you.
Please post the domain name which you want to Add as addon domain.

Last edited:

madsox

Reaction score
What is the domain you are adding? Are you able to view your site through that domain?

Trying to set up madsoxtech.com on the x10hosting servers - whois shows it as being served by the x10 nameservers, but dig/nslookup fail with the old SERVFAIL.

I may need X10 staff help to clear things out so I can try re-adding the domain. Or I'll try messing about with DNS and setting madsoxtech up as a CNAME pointed at my x10 subdomain (madsoxtech.x10hosting.com, which does work)

Or I'll quit cheaping out and just buy hosting somewhere...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tried parking your domain instead of add on?

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
When i tried for dns lookup it is giving me
Retrieving DNS records for madsoxtech.com...

DNS servers
ns1.x10hosting.com [69.162.115.171]
ns2.x10hosting.com [74.63.233.253]

DNS server returned an error: Name server failed

Can you clean all your records,addons and again start from scratch

madsox

Reaction score
Tried parking the domain, tried clearing out all the DNS info (and all files, subdirectories, and other traces I could find on my x10 account), and still get the same failure: Error from park wrapper: madsoxtech.com is already configured.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This requires a staff member to fix the problem.
*Escalating*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.