Adobe CS4

intertec

Reaction score
I might pre-order it. Anyone else with me.. Any one know anything on it. Any good news about it. Do you think it will better then cs3.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd bet on it being better than CS3, but I certainly won't be pre-ordering it right now. I'm going to wait to see how Adobe CS3 Suite holds up compared to my open source software that I have installed right now. If it contains things I would use, I'd buy it.

Noir_cl

Reaction score
64 bit photoshop for windows will be awesome. I'm already isung lightroom in the 64 bits flavour and you totally tell the difference. Also, GPU use will be a great way to justify a nice video card.

Now all we need is a 64 bit version of flash player u.u

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
64 bit photoshop for windows will be awesome. I'm already isung lightroom in the 64 bits flavour and you totally tell the difference. Also, GPU use will be a great way to justify a nice video card.

Now all we need is a 64 bit version of flash player u.u

There was word as of February of 2008 on the internet that Adobe was going to be making the next version of Photoshop available as 64-bit for Windows only. But one thing's for sure, Adobe could and should make more use of the GPU and 64-bit Quad Core CPUs. Especially aiming programs like Adobe Premier (a program like Windows Movie Maker) at support for things such as CUDA with GeForce cards, it'll certainly make their software loads better. For Flash and Photoshop, CUDA support might help out as well.

As we all know, the GPU is a lot faster at video processing and encoding/decoding than any quad/octa core processor system out there, right? ;)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Bah don't care. Adobe has gotten more bloated over time. The last one I ever used was CS2, which I consider was much more bloated than 7.

However I'm not a major graphics editing guy.. so I've switched to Paint.NET and have used it ever since

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
If you've got the computer to run it, and you have a 64bit OS then it is definitely worth it. If you have a slower computer and no 64bit support than I would stick with CS2/3. I won't be pre-ordering, but Ill probably be getting it shortly after its released.

Alex

Mitch

Reaction score
It would probably be better than cs3. I looked at the adobe site. I looked at photoshop cs4 extended. Then it said $700 for pre-order. That is quiet much. (not a little bit)

fierce

Reaction score
holy **** ...700$ only for PS ..and you can guess how much they will ask for full CS4 edition..I'm usin' CS3 rite now and will try to get CS4 soon .

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
What annoys me is its $2500 for americans, yet about £2,300 for UK people. At the current rate it should be about £1,400.

Alex

Dan

Reaction score
Might try a trial when it comes out but I expect I'll simply stick with CS3 for the moment. I seriously can't be bothered to pay out so much money!