• Total voters

simpleboy

Reaction score
Hello Guys !
Adobe Photoshop Vs Ulead Photo Impact
Reply with solid reason that which one is the Best

Adobe Photoshop Features:

- Completely redesigned user interface.
- Fully customizable Windows & Shortcuts layouts.
- Smart filter.
- Auto Align & Auto Blend tool.
- Quick Select tool.
- Black & White Conversion control.
- camera raw.
- cloning and healing.
- curves controls.
- printing controls.
- bridge.

- Smart Filters
- Quick Selection and Refine Edge tools
- Advanced compositing
- 3D compositing and texture editing
- Movie Paint
- 2D and 3D measurement tools
- Streamlined interface
- Better raw-image processing

- Enhanced Vanishing Point with 3D support
- Enhanced 32-bit HDR support
and many other to see other features visit
http://www.adobe.com

Ulead PhotoImpact Features:

Make Every Photo Special
More Editing Power
Take your photos to new places
Create Amazing Digital Art
Graphics Tools for Video Enthusiasts
Make Every Photo Special
Easy and Fast ExpressFix™ Mode
SmartCurves
Auto White Balance Control
Reduce Noise
Photo Project wizard
Next-generation Crop tools
Rule of Thirds Crop
Golden Ratio Crop
SmartGuide
Shows you how to complete great-looking projects:
Step-by-step directions on-screen.
ExpressFix™ Mode
Golden Ratio Crop
SmartGuide
More Editing Power
Powerful Retouching
Dodge, Burn, Remove Scratch – and many others.
Touch-up Tool
RAW File Support
High Dynamic Range
SmartRemove Scene Compositor
and many other features see at
http://www.ulead.com/pi/features.htm

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't used the latest version of both programs, so I couldn't tell you which was better really. But given what you've posted, they sound like they have some unique features. I use GIMP for things here though.

M

Macaws

Adobe photoshop is the best,
It is powerfull, works great, and is easy to use.
I don't know much about Ulead...
The results:
They both cost money, so I go with:
paint.NET
Its free...

xPlozion

Reaction score
it seems like photoimpact is more for photo touch up where photoshop is great for all images (touch up, creating, and more).

tcmstr134

Reaction score
it seems like photoimpact is more for photo touch up where photoshop is great for all images (touch up, creating, and more).

I think that xPlozion stated it best. While I have not used Photo Impact, I think that from the features listed, it is just a Photoshop for Photographers only, similar to Photoshop Elements.

liz08

Reaction score
In my opinion, The most popular designer always uses Adobe Photoshop for works! Me too!:)

cheesydud

Reaction score
From what you've posted about Ulead photo impact, it seems that Adobe Photoshop is the winner. Adobe Photoshop has almost all, if not all of the features listed in Ulead's list and more. When I say "more", I mean a a LOT more. It's almost incomparable. Photoshop has extensive 3d and video support. Even more than Ulead's advertised. Although, in some cases, Ulead may be better since it seems orientated more for minor tasks. Considering price, Ulead is much, much cheaper.

Conclusion: I wouldn't even compare Ulead with Adobe Photoshop (esp. with the CS4 series out). Ulead is probably comparable to Adobe Photoshop Elements or perhaps Lightroom, but I cannot tell you since I've never tried Ulead. But, in my opinion, Photoshop CS4 is the best image editing software out there.

But, don't take it from me, try the free trials and decide, especially since everyone has their own personal preferences.;)

naerey

Reaction score
From what you've posted about Ulead photo impact, it seems that Adobe Photoshop is the winner. Adobe Photoshop has almost all, if not all of the features listed in Ulead's list and more. When I say "more", I mean a a LOT more. It's almost incomparable. Photoshop has extensive 3d and video support. Even more than Ulead's advertised. Although, in some cases, Ulead may be better since it seems orientated more for minor tasks. Considering price, Ulead is much, much cheaper.

Conclusion: I wouldn't even compare Ulead with Adobe Photoshop (esp. with the CS4 series out). Ulead is probably comparable to Adobe Photoshop Elements or perhaps Lightroom, but I cannot tell you since I've never tried Ulead. But, in my opinion, Photoshop CS4 is the best image editing software out there.

But, don't take it from me, try the free trials and decide, especially since everyone has their own personal preferences.;)

I'd agree with that, except for a few things.
PhotoShop is made for Professionals, that can use basic tools(and advanced too, but especially basic ones), to create advanced things. Most things have to be done by hand on Photoshop, and it's made for artists since they can choose any settings they want.
Ulead (based on what I've seen on their website), is more targeted towards non-professional people who want to get nice photos without much work. They have many of those TM technologies that every function is especially advertised as if it were the end of the world (I hate that kind of marketing!!!!). Many of their settings are "auto", as in the software determines what is best, which is a lot simpler, but also a lot less artistic.

Which makes it impossible to compare the two programs.
That's like comparing a car to a bus.
If you need lots, and got lots of money, go for the bus.
If you just need something for your family, a car is best.