Ads allowed?

mraek

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to add some ads to my Facebook app, which runs using a website hosted by x10hosting. I'm sure I read somewhere that adverts are not allowed on x10hosting, is this true? I don't want to get my site suspended.
Thanks,
Marek

mraek

Reaction score
Do you mean adverts for X10hosting? I'm not sure what you mean by "our adverts".
Thanks,
Marek

xmakina

Reaction score
Some packages require you to show advertising from x10hosting. What he means is that if you're on an ad-supported package from x10 you Must show the x10 ads, regardless.

You are allowed to show adverts from other companies, such as AdSense (which doesn't seem to work on facebook apps)

Nathan H

Reaction score
Well, your on an ad-free plan so our adverts are a non-issue for you, you can show your own adverts on your site.

mraek

Reaction score
Ok. I meant if I want to earn money from advertising by getting someone to pay me per thousand clicks to display their ads. Would that be allowed?
Edit:
Oh I see, you've answered already. Something like Adsense would be good for me, does anyone know why it doesn't work on Facebook? I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
adsense doesn't work on Facebook as they don't allow Javascript. I've tried everything up to and including downloading the JS off Google and running straight off my page but no dice.

If you want adsense on FaceBook run it in an IFrame, just be sure to fill the iFrame meta tags with all the right info or you just get loads of adverts for loan companies :S