ads in joomla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Reaction score
How is everyone placing the x10Corporate advert in their mambo/joomla installation? I'm having probs with my banner client because the advert's a javascript code.

funplus

Reaction score
Simply disreguard everything else in the Advertisement Properties. Put the javascript in the external code or other code or whatever. It won't show the Oi! Banner or whatever then. It should work, not that it has not been working in Firefox (not just in Joomla) for some reason.

Lindsey

Reaction score
well, i received this error when I placed the javascript in the custom code, targeted the url to http://x10hosting.com/advert/adclick.php?n=a7fb3e9d

Code:
 DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'x10Hosting' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) AS numrows FROM jos_banner WHERE showBanner = 1 AND cid IN ( x10Hosting )
SQL =

SELECT COUNT(*) AS numrows
 FROM jos_banner
 WHERE showBanner = 1
 AND cid IN ( x10Hosting )

and set parameters in the banner module for the client. but i didn't save the zip file, i used the codes as they appeared on these forums

funplus

Reaction score
Download the Ads zip package and paste that code into there. Its a bit different. That may be the solution.

Lindsey

Reaction score
will do! thank you, though I am having problems with my database, suddenly the login info isn't correct, though I know for certain that it is, and I had this problem once before on another host and it was something with the database that wouldn't allow certain access to info, like user info and all, I had to re-install the script then, I'm not about to do that again :D too much work after I've already uploaded tons of extra mambots, components, and modules and I'm in the process of setting up my smf forums

funplus

Reaction score
same here, but I'm using Mambo with SMF. Make sure you get the PHP 4.4.0 correction for SMF. That should fix some problems.

Lindsey

Reaction score
I downloaded the zip, c&p the exact coding and I'm still receiving the same error, how can I check to make sure my database is functioning like it's supposed to? I mean, in my cp on the MySQL Account Maintenance this is what I have listed:

Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:n4dx10ho_joomla:localhost","n4dx10ho_cronlin","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "n4dx10ho_cronlin", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("n4dx10ho_joomla");

so it looks like there's an error with the database that would cause it to not work right

Lindsey

Reaction score
funplus said:
same here, but I'm using Mambo with SMF. Make sure you get the PHP 4.4.0 correction for SMF. That should fix some problems.

well, i'm not tackling it just yet, have dinner here in a little bit and I can't handle stopping in the middle of a project, but this thing with the ads and the databases is driving me nuts :D

funplus

Reaction score
Okay, this is off topic, but anyways...

What's the difference between Mambo 4.5.2.3 and Joomla 1.0.0. Are all the Mambots, Componenents, and Modules compatabile? Is Joomla going to be the new Mambo, while Mambo gets a different development team?

I need to decide whether to go Mambo or Joomla :p, thanks!

Lindsey

Reaction score
funplus said:
Okay, this is off topic, but anyways...

What's the difference between Mambo 4.5.2.3 and Joomla 1.0.0. Are all the Mambots, Componenents, and Modules compatabile? Is Joomla going to be the new Mambo, while Mambo gets a different development team?

I need to decide whether to go Mambo or Joomla :p, thanks!

the core developers of mambo were working on the new version of mambo for mira, which is what was released as beta 4.5.3 (don't take it, it's basically an alpha) then with the branch, those developers created joomla, 1.0.0 is basically their version of 4.5.2.3 and yes, the 3rd party addons (so far) are completely compatible, as long as they worked in 4.5.2.3 at least.

so far i haven't run into any quirks with it when using the addons i was using in my mambo version, and i would strongly suggest getting joomla, it has several bug fixes that mambo 4.5.2.3 hadn't corrected yet.

but to be honest, rey has said that future releases may not be compatible with the versions, though most of the 3rd parties are supporting joomla and not mira anymore, like pete of facileforms, ryan of mosce and smf

Lindsey

Reaction score
back on topic, i may just add the php coding directly into my template's index.php like i had to do for smf bridge coding... hopefully that will work and then i can keep from logging out of the admin section to make sure until the database is functioning right, because at least this time i was logged in before it acted up, last time i went to bed and got up the next morning and couldn't log in :D

Lindsey

Reaction score
i can't win for losing, it's displaying properly, but it's targeting the parent page, not a blank page, even though the code targets a blank page... any suggestions?

and this is regardless of php or html coding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.