Ads in posts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have seen some members having ads(I guess) in their posts, are they not breaking rules?
If not, what sort of ads can be posted ?

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So, can "Google and FireFox Ad" be categorized under referrals ?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
So, can "Google and FireFox Ad" be categorized under referrals ?

Might help if you link to the user in question - there IS a mod available however that is technically legal because it's not actually a user posting it. It runs on several forums, maybe x10 put it in - usually right after the first post, a bot user named something like "Sponsored Ads" posts with the ad-code to make ads show up.

If thats the kind you're talking about then that's not anything you can really stop cause it's not actually a user, and the mod was installed to do it. If it's a user, then its probably up for review, but without seeing it in action we can't really see what you're speaking about, know what I mean?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Referrals are allowed and advertising their own sites is also allowed. What is not allowed is linking to illegal sites or other hosting sites. You could probably give a random users signature and ask whether it is legal or not.

Sohail

Reaction score
Well it doesn't seem to break to TOS in any way, so why not? :)
It just depends on what kind of content the ad is, that could make a difference as i'm quite sure it wouldn't be "alright" for people to post around with XXX material in the signature!! xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.