Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alecto

Reaction score
Hey,
I was awaiting the setup of the server for me, and i got thinking,
if got a forum, i could put the ads on there, but what about the admin cp. i wouldnt be able to put them on there!
or if there is away please tell me. or would you make an exeption and allow me not to have them on the admin cp??
thanks,
Alecto

randomize

Reaction score
As far as I know, you don't need them on the admin part as that section is not publically viewable!

Cynical

Reaction score
It IS possible to get that ads on there, though I am not sure if they are required if you are the only admin. Best wait for a staff member to give you an answer :) .

Alecto

Reaction score
well there are 3 admins atm,
all of which will be on the forum, so they would see the ads anyway, so i cant see a problem, but is it a problem?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
The admin CP is not public viewing ... the ads just need to be on anything that the public would be viewing. So, I doubt you need the ads on the Admin CP ... you are more than welcome to show them there, but because its a private / non-public page, it isn't needed.

Alecto

Reaction score
yes thats right
so only selected people can view the cp so its not public, so i guess i don't need them
just wait for the staff to reply :)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Why exactly are you bumpin'?? ... If you are that concerned about it ... ( after a few people have said that you don't need to have it ) ... then try PMing one of the moderators or admins.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I will take care of this...Admin CP is not a public viewing place. So that means that you dont have to place ad's on it as no-one can see it BUT your admins. :)

If I am wrong correct me but I am 99.9999999999% shure I am right.

Antrax

Reaction score
I asked on the introduction thread, but I may aswell ask here since the thread seems to be discussing Ads. In the x10Advanced web hosting the Ad is a text line. Is the text line fixed in position or can I move it and integrate it into my website?

If I choose the X10Corporate, is the banner a popup? If not, can I move the banner to different locations on the site?

I gather that the Ads must be displayed on every single page of the site right? Thank you for your help! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
For the Advanced plan, the text ad code can be placed anywhere on the page, as long as it is on EVERY publicly viewable page. You can position it wherever you'd like, although we'd prefer it if it was put in a position so you wouldn't have to strain to view it.
For the Corporate ads, NO it is not a popup. It is simply a banner that you must place above the scroll line on your page. It, as well, must be on every publicly viewable page, and viewable without scrolling.

Antrax

Reaction score
Thank you Jacob. Just so that I will not have to change from Corporate to Advanced, what is the size of the banner so that I'll have an idea of where to place it on the website? Thanks.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Antrax said:
Thank you Jacob. Just so that I will not have to change from Corporate to Advanced, what is the size of the banner so that I'll have an idea of where to place it on the website? Thanks.

The banner is a default 468x60 image

Antrax

Reaction score
Thank you again. I haven't even started and I would like to congratulate you for your fast service.

PS. Is there any vertical Ad Banner for the corporate option? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.