Votes: 16 13.0%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 60 48.8%

• Total voters

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The max intellitxt highlights is 4 words per page. It pops up a small ad if you scroll over one of the 4 highlighted words.

-Corey

mudme

Reaction score
its up to you corey...:drool: if it good for x10hosting, why not.. go for it...

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
could you make it so they have an option? like do one or the other

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Yep, you should do what's better for x10hosting. Most people are only telling what's better for them, without appreciating that you are giving us FREE GOOD hosting. I think you should do whatever is best for x10hosting.

Good Luck,
fedlerner

Kay

Reaction score
Well personaly i am happy with how it is now - however if you want to change it is mostly up to you since we aren't paying customers i dont think we should be the ones telling you not to add that system.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Chris S said:
could you make it so they have an option? like do one or the other

I think that's a good idea to have the option, on the basis of choice for x10 members, but in the end the decision is really up to you, Corey. Personally, I believe the current Advanced text ads are quite sufficient - they are customised by x10Hosting, and lead internet browsers straight to x10Hosting, rather than randomised ads that 'pop-up' when you hover over links which have urls to sites other than x10Hosting. In some applications, these intellitext ads could disrupt style of a page or forum, etc.

But once again, these are only comments, and the final decision is Corey's.

lambada

Reaction score
*cough* Still no-ones answered my question:
I know it always double underlines words insteads of single underline, but is there any way to control the colour of the link appearing for style purposes?

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Though I do not have the Advanced plan anymore, IntelliTXT is a great idea to me. As, on my side, it was really hard to screw that text ad into Joomla...:biggrin:. I think a maximum four words in your page with a cool link that could find search results for your visitor won't kill you, unless your pages are usually four words long.

And, for the continuing oposees: Think of it as 'AJAX AdSense for x10Hosting'. (But I prefer my ad banner for Corporate for now...:thefinger)

havoc

Reaction score
I don't really see too much of a problem with switching to IntelliTXT. I think myself and other advanced package members wouldn't even mind if you wanted us to put a banner up(Whether it be the size of the corporate one or a somewhat smaller one)...so long as it isn't hot pink or something like that ;).

NuDaNdO

Reaction score
If the change helps Corey to maintain x10Hosting free, I think we can accept the use of IntelliTXT.

:)

jeffrios

Reaction score
I dislike them expecially when reading articals and they are everywhere. I rather have more ad banners on my site than intellitext.

Cubeform

Reaction score
I would rather have a banner than IntelliTXT. I don't care if you make us place more than one: Just don't use IntelliTXT. They're like Office Smart Tags: Annoying (except for the measurement converter; that can come handy).

Chirantha

Reaction score
I don't like them as it might lower the quality of a site. The exact reason I have a place to hold the ad is because it does not affect the text. But its your choice :)

I have seen these ads on other websites I find them annoying :(

NielDLR

Reaction score
Please no intellitxt. Those stuff are really annoying!
I would use more banners anything, but not intellitxt.

xtone

Reaction score
i am not agree with intelli text they will ruin all of the site :) so i am disagree

yahia

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I will have to say I strongly disagree with placing Intelli(retardi?)TXT on our advanced plan's webpages.
The main reason for me isn't only because they are annoying, but because the source code will probably get bloated by javascript or whatever, to show some that stuff.
What about websites in french or spanish?...

It isn't just about, "moving the mouse" if it annoys me. No. It's about the code. It will be messed up.

Like some said, the text link takes you to an x10 service, while intelliTXT won't. No?

Anyway, if IntelliTXT are made in our advanced plan, I'll have to move to the corporate one, cause -- like most of you have pointed out -- BANNERS are much better.

Thanks Corey for letting us give our opinions. Now it is left for you to decide.
Cheers!

swirly

Reaction score
noooo please dont do intelli! its just plain annoying to me! yes its a better way to get across to people but not if its annoying to them. i mean im scrolling down and i accidentally run over a word and i get a pop up.GRRRR