Advert Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
I'd like to setup a test board for our forum and I wanted to know if I needed advertisements on that. It will naturally be password protected, per vBulletin's TOS regarding Test Boards, so it wouldn't be accessible to anyone but myself.

Thanks.

lambada

Reaction score
If by password protected you mean via a .htaccess file, then you don't need ads.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Okay, thanks lambada -- yes it'll be through .htaccess.

Edit: I may as well ask in this thread rather than creating another. Would it be possible for me to get temporary SSH Access? The SQL Database I'm using for our Test Board is upwards of 50mb -- so uploading through phpMyAdmin isn't going to happen. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it already on the server, the db i mean????

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Ya becasue there is no difference between using SSH, phpMyAdmin, or FTP, as it will take around the same time;)

acidburn0520

Reaction score
No, SSH is incredibly fast in importing databases. Back when our website ran under Linux, I used SSH to import SQL backups all the time for restoration purposes; it took no more than 5-10 seconds -- phpMyAdmin, anywhere from 2-3 hours, which led to timeout problems.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
oh, idn, it wont timeout, if it does let us know and we can extend the time limit.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
I got a Maximum Execution Time error... could you refer an Admin to the thread and see if I could get Shell access or if someone else could do it for me if I FTP it to our account?

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
FTP it to your account, i believe there is an option in PHPMyAdmin to import it from an already existing file.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
upload th file to the root ftp, not public_html

make the "LOcation of File": /home/username/dbfile.extention and try that, dont know if it works or not.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
FTP it to your account, i believe there is an option in PHPMyAdmin to import it from an already existing file.

I cant' seem to find it, the only action I can take is to Import from my computer.

upload th file to the root ftp, not public_html

make the "LOcation of File": /home/username/dbfile.extention and try that, dont know if it works or not.

Nope, that didn't work -- it says the File Doesn't Exist or Size Exceeds Max. Limit; which it doesn't.

I'll try importing again...

Edit: Still not having any luck, I've uploaded the SQL File into the FTP Root (Above public_html), could someone manually upload via command line?

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Hmm ok then,

seeing as the problems have been resolved i'll lock this thread.

:lockd:

Status
Not open for further replies.