Advice for a noob?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Well your design is cool...

i suggest you to move the navigation buttons to the top. and in horizontal pattern..

otherwise it is very good

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Good design. i felt blue color is too bright

vikasghj

Reaction score
Have a site .. and you will always try to improve tat ... this way u can learn a lot

blake69

Reaction score
Cheers for the posts. Comments duly noted. And vikasghj, I agree. I had to build my first proper site for uni , got it all done fairly quick an then spent the next 2 months 'fiddling'! lol

Im not totally happy with this one yet tho so im sure ill tinker with it for a while to come. Only took a few hours to throw together tho so cant complain!

wongers

Reaction score
couple of points and please take this as constructive criticism cause theres nothing wrong with your site.

but, in my personal opinion, bright reds and blues dont really mix too well with websites and tend to clash which can sometimes take away the focus from other features of the site.

also i noticed when clicking on the links that the "active" link image (the image changes once it is clicked) does not appear to load properly and leaves an "error loading" image, the little white box with a red X in it.

other then that, good start :) my suggestion is ironically to look at other websites but from a developers perspective and see what you can learn from it. one thing i do is to take seperate time to learn code and stuff for site development and a different allocation of time to improve on graphic and aesthetics.

necteraaus

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive just joined and threw together a quick site coz of the 1 week time limit but was wondering if you could have a nose and tell me how I can improve it. I know the basics i.e css and abit of javascript but not loads. Im eager to learn tho so any advise would be appreciated

http://blakegilbertson.x10hosting.com/InteractiveCV/index.html

Thanks alot :D

Well, I'll start off with the colour scheme; I think its horrible, no offence. My eyes just hate the red on blue, and I think many others will find the same. I would suggest a blue and green maybe with a glassy effect added. It's also very simple at the moment, but maybe it's because of limited content. The logo is nice though. You might also like to remove the 'Content for id "footer2" goes here' message from the bottom right hand corner....

Hope that helps, and keep trying with the colour scheme.

Last edited: