AFW Design

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a design for a site im working on called Arsenal Fever Weekly.

I am looking for marks out of 10 for the design.
http://tsof.x10hosting.com/arsenal/index.php

I know it's not exactly stunning. It's meant to be simple.

The site doesn't display right in IE but displays fine in Firefox. If anyone knows how I can get my site to display properly in IE please let me know.

Suggestions are also welcome of course.

Thank You,
Brad

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Looks perfect in IE for me. And I don't want to be rude or anything, but I would have to rate it a 4.5 - 5/10, it may be simples and I like that. But the colours are terrible (red & white?), also you don't need to have a navigational bar and a navigation menu.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Jordan K said:
Looks perfect in IE for me. And I don't want to be rude or anything, but I would have to rate it a 4.5 - 5/10, it may be simples and I like that. But the colours are terrible (red & white?), also you don't need to have a navigational bar and a navigation menu.
I see a navigation menu and bar.

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Jordan K said:

The navigation menu is going to change, not sure what im going to put on it yet, I put the links there just to display a bit of content.

As you may have already guessed the site is based on Arsenal FC, their colours being red & white. Thats why I chose red & white. If I get enough negative feedback on the colour scheme i'll change it for sure, I don't think it looks THAT bad but maybe I have crap taste :p

As for the site in IE, im glad it displays fine for you, must me something my end I guess.

This site is literally something that I created today, not a whole lot of time has been spent on it so far. I don't think you're comments are rude at all, I wanted an honest opinion and I got one!

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Well, if the colour goes with the game. I guess it's always fine to match a theme. But I advise you make the red a little darker because it's a bit hard on the eyes having two bright colours and it would do a bit of good towards your content, allowing it to stand out a bit more.

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Jordan K said:
Well, if the colour goes with the game. I guess it's always fine to match a theme. But I advise you make the red a little darker because it's a bit hard on the eyes having two bright colours and it would do a bit of good towards your content, allowing it to stand out a bit more.

Ok, thats fair enough, I'll make the red a bit darker soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Ok, I have updated it a little bit, the nav bar is now where the latest forum announcement will go. I am now using phpnews to for updating the home page with news. I have also added an affiliates section underneath the navigation menu. The red is now a little darker to make viewing of the site easier on the eyes (if it is still a little too bright let me know)

Although the links are now clickable they will only take you to the "page not found" error.

http://tsof.x10hosting.com/arsenal/index.php

Last edited: